Announcements

Something went wrong

Solved!

Something went wrong

Just re-upped spotify. After it auto-updated on launch I'm trying to look up artists and such and i'm constantly getting "Something went wrong"

 

Searching an Artist, click to see their 'page' and boom, something went wrong. It's impossible to search anything. Windows desktop btw.

 

Any ideas?

 

Thanks.

Reply

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello.

It seems that it was server lag.

Please try to log out and log in back and this should be fixed.

If my post helped you to fix your problem, please press "Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in original post

36 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello.

It seems that it was server lag.

Please try to log out and log in back and this should be fixed.

If my post helped you to fix your problem, please press "Accept as Solution" button.

I'd tried re-launching but it didn't seem to work. Just tried again and it appears to have done the trick. Cheers.

Getting "Something went wrong ~ Try again later" pretty regularly now when trying to click through to an artist for the profile page of that artist. Clicking through to other stuff seems mostly fine. It seems to remember it on the same artist, and occurs after logging out and back in again / restarting Spotify, and the usual measures.

This seems quite a common problem now.

I get the samme issue, on my linux laptop at work, the web client and my windows 8 desktop. Not always, but most of the time I search for an artist

I fixed it by removing the offline devices, deleting preferences and cache an log on.

In the last days, this happened to me several times, it's starting to be annoying.

So any fix? It is really annoying!

Having the same problem here even after the recent update. Been happening for almost a week. Only seems to be happening with the desktop app - I tried on two Windows desktop PCs but still unable to load the Artist page. 

Same issue on Mac OS X since the recent spotify update. 

Frequently get Something Went Wrong on both PC and Android device.

Same here since the last upgrade! Searching and then clicking on the artist name give the error. Really annoying!!

Been having the same problem since last update (windows 7) client 1.0.6.80.g2a801a53

Same here, Windows and Android.

I'm getting the same error on all artists since the latest upgrade to version 1.0.6.80. Never had it before that.

Same for me on Linux client. Quite annoying.

Same here - I have been unable to click on an artist name for several days now 😞  It just says something went wrong.

 

Same here on OS X 😞

Sry, the proposed solution doesn't solve anything. I still face the same problem.

Same thing here on linux.

 

Plus my activity feed is not working this last days!

 

Tryed both versions in the repos (http://repository.spotify.com/pool/non-free/s/spotify/ ), deleted the cache, logged out and configs and nothing helped. so i'm thinking this problem is on the server side. 😕

 

Please fix it!!

 

 

P.S.: Also on android i get this a lot while searching.

Suggested posts