Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song Distortion

Solved!

Song Distortion

I've been getting distortion on all of my songs. I have a Dell Inspirion Windows 7. I am not a premium user. The distortion sounds like crackling static that slows down the song; makes the music sound very robotic. If the spotify window is selected then I definitely hear it. If another window like Internet is pulled up, most of the time, the static is gone until I pull the Spotify window up again. Sometimes, it doesn't matter what window I have pulled up, the static is heard. When I restart my computer the distortion is gone but if I let my computer fall asleep the distortion is heard the next time I play a song and stays until I restart my computer again. What to do?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @JHarv! Welcome to the community!

Try these and see if they help:

• Reinstall Spotify
    1. Click File > Exit.
    2. Click Start then select Control Panel.
    3. Click Programs then Programs and Features.
    4. Select Spotify in the list and click Uninstall.
    5. Go to http://www.spotify.com/download and reinstall Spotify.
  • Download and run this troubleshooter - follow the steps in the wizard.
  • Check your CPU usage and memory usage and make sure it's not getting maxed out. This can be checked using the Task Manager 
    • Open Task Manager by right-clicking the taskbar, and then clicking Start Task Manager.

• Reinstall sound card driver.
    • Click the Windows icon in your taskbar, type device manager in the Start Search box, and then press Enter
    • Double-click on Sound, video, and game controllers
    • Locate and double-click the driver that is causing the error
    • Click the Driver tab
    • Click Uninstall
    • Click the Scan for hardware changes button.

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @JHarv! Welcome to the community!

Try these and see if they help:

• Reinstall Spotify
    1. Click File > Exit.
    2. Click Start then select Control Panel.
    3. Click Programs then Programs and Features.
    4. Select Spotify in the list and click Uninstall.
    5. Go to http://www.spotify.com/download and reinstall Spotify.
  • Download and run this troubleshooter - follow the steps in the wizard.
  • Check your CPU usage and memory usage and make sure it's not getting maxed out. This can be checked using the Task Manager 
    • Open Task Manager by right-clicking the taskbar, and then clicking Start Task Manager.

• Reinstall sound card driver.
    • Click the Windows icon in your taskbar, type device manager in the Start Search box, and then press Enter
    • Double-click on Sound, video, and game controllers
    • Locate and double-click the driver that is causing the error
    • Click the Driver tab
    • Click Uninstall
    • Click the Scan for hardware changes button.

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Seems

to have worked for me! At least, so far...

@sailor44 wrote:

Seems

to have worked for me! At least, so far...

Yay! Glad I could help! If you have further problems don't hesitate to come back to the community!

Hi, thanks for the answer. If I do this, will I loose all the songs and or/playlists?

Same issue. None of your solutions work

Suggested posts