Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song instantly skips.

Solved!

Song instantly skips.

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Windows 10 Gaming Laptop

My Question or Issue

So my songs keep randomly skipping, for instance:

I'll play my song, listen to it, but at the end when it plays the next song on the playlist it'll instantly skip.

I'll listen to Song 1 for the whole thing, song 2 will automatically play but instantly skip, then song 3 will start playing.

Really need help! Get back asap ...

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! I found a fix. So, to fix it, you can go to your Storage file and simply rename it to StorageBackup. It worked for me. I got help in a Spotify discord server so just wanted to post it here for everyone to see. 

Thanks for your help. (This is the Windows 10 fix). 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey there @jwharton16

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

Most common issues can be fixed with a quick reinstall of the app. In some situations however, a clean (more thorough) reinstall of the app might be needed. This way, you can start afresh with Spotify on your device. 

Check out this help page in order to find the steps for clean reinstall on the affected device. If it doesn’t do the trick, we’ll provide you with further help. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Marked as solution

Hey! I found a fix. So, to fix it, you can go to your Storage file and simply rename it to StorageBackup. It worked for me. I got help in a Spotify discord server so just wanted to post it here for everyone to see. 

Thanks for your help. (This is the Windows 10 fix). 

Hey @jwharton16,

We’re happy to hear this is now fixed for you.

Thanks for sharing the solution with us. Enjoy your music further with Spotify. 

Take care!

Suggested posts