Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs Tab.

Solved!

Songs Tab.

Hi, I recently was using an old account on spotify, but the username was not one I wanted so i made a new account. I used to add my music to the "Songs" list by clicking a tick icon next to a song to add it. I have found that I cannot do so with my new account. I tried looking for an awnser but couldn't find one. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

Plan

Free

Country

Australia

Device

(Alienware Alpha)

Operating System

(Windows 10)

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@GΣVΛЦDΛП

The hearts are meant to replace the ticks, so when the tick saves the track to Songs, the heart will save it to Favourite Songs. It's a new functionality.

If you have more questions, feel free to ask!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @GΣVΛЦDΛП

You should be seeing the + icons to the left of song titles, or are you seeing hearts (a friend with Free has hearts on desktop instead)?

If you see hearts instead of + signs, then clicking on these, the songs will be in Favourite Songs.

If that didn't help, could you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing? 🙂

Let me know!

SebastySpotify Star

Hi, the new account has the hearts. While the old one has ticks. The ticks added them to the highlighted section in the before while the after does not have it. The one on the right is my old one and the left is the new one. Is there any reason why they are different? (Not the Artist tab)

BeforeAfter.png
Marked as solution

@GΣVΛЦDΛП

The hearts are meant to replace the ticks, so when the tick saves the track to Songs, the heart will save it to Favourite Songs. It's a new functionality.

If you have more questions, feel free to ask!

SebastySpotify Star

Sebasty
Thankyou very much. Makes sense now. It's a shame i cant have it the same as before and have it save to a "Songs" so it would be like as if I never switched but thankyou.

Hey @GΣVΛЦDΛП

Just to add to what @Sebasty said, did you by chance have Premium on your old account? We recommend that you log in to the old account, and make sure to cancel your subscription there if you're not using it. 

Feel free to upgrade the new account to Premium instead, and check out this help article on how you can transfer playlists.

Hope that helps, and let us know if you have any questions 🙂

Suggested posts