Premium

Country

United States

Device

PC Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

The new UI update made it so that you can no longer sort the songs in a playlist by recently added? You can sort by date, but, unlike the other sort options (like “duration”, which you can choose either longest to shortest or shortest to longest) if you sort by date you are stuck looking at it from the oldest song added to the playlist. Is there a way to do this on desktop that I’m missing, or is the option just gone completely?

I hope it’s not gone completely, I really enjoyed being able to sort my playlist by recently added songs. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Sort by Recently Added in Playlist

King2D-
Regular

I found out what it was. You have to extend the program, as in make the program bigger. Once you do that you see that it shows a new category. Minimize the program and then drag it out to the right and it pops up.

View solution in original post

27 Replies

New UI removed date and sort by newest first

Agaphbou
Casual Listener

Plan

Premium

Country

Greece

Device

HP Pavillion

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

My Spotify app for desktop just updated to the latest UI and now the date column is completely gone and when I sort a playlist by date it only shows the oldest songs first, whereas I want to see the newest. Is there any chance you'll add those features back? They were completely necessary, especially in collaborative lists where are many duplicates (so we need to see who added the song first to keep that track and delete the others). 

Re: New UI removed date and sort by newest first

MauriceMV
Rock Star 7
Rock Star 7

Hey @Agaphbou

That's unfortunate! Maybe something went wrong with the update. What exact version are you on? I also run the most recent version but I dont seem to be having the problem that you're describing.

MauriceMVRock Star 7
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

sort by recently added

Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

(ASUS Vivobook)

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I am no longer able to sort a collaborative playlist to show the most recently added song to the playlist at the top, the only sort of this type makes the first added song the top one.

the new drop down sort to date added in most recent to oldest

AhmadRafi
Visitor

the new drop down list for sorting your playlist only lets u sort the playlist in order of oldest to newest date added it doesn't do the opposite ie. arrange the playlist in order of newest to oldest date added did they remove that feature ???? Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 6.59.24 PM.png

New PC Update Songs Go To Bottom of Playlist

King2D-
Regular

So there was a new update it seems today and first and foremost it is horrible. It makes everything super small and zooming in then just clutters the page and doesn't scale right. The most frustrating part is that now one of my playlist's orders was rearranged and now all the new songs added to it go to the bottom of the playlist even if you sort by date added. Whoevers idea to have the songs go to the bottom is honestly not using Spotify. Like how does that make sense? Does anyone know how to revert back??

King2D-
Regular
Bro, I'm in the same predicament. Like who's idea is this, you have to scroll down every time it's **bleep**ing stupid honestly.
Solution!

King2D-
Regular

I found out what it was. You have to extend the program, as in make the program bigger. Once you do that you see that it shows a new category. Minimize the program and then drag it out to the right and it pops up.

View solution in original post

abl_abl
Casual Listener

yo you're a lifesaver! thanks so much !

GrunkleSam
Casual Listener
I wasn't having any luck with this. Even when I extended the program and clicked to have it sort by date added, it still shows the oldest songs first. Any ideas?
SUGGESTED POSTS