Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sorting Playlists

Sorting Playlists

I was wondering if there was a way to change the default sorting method of playlists, I know you can already do it by clicking the buttons at the top, but it always seems to revert back to sorting by date added. It is the same thing on the iOS app.

My ideal way of sorting is by artist, then by album. For example:

Artist A

Album A

Album B

Album C

Artist B

Album A

Album B

On desktop, I can sort by artist and album individually, but the albums are all strewn through the playlist not grouped with their artist. I can sort by artist, but it is not sorted by album. For example...

in that image, you can see the album The Division Bell at the top, then two from Wish You Were Here, Dark Side of the Moon, and The Wall, then back to The Division Bell and another from Dark Side of the Moon at the bottom. This is the same issue with artist sorting on desktop.

This to me is unacceptable, and I know I can go through and sort things manually, but I don't have the time or the patience to go through 400 different songs.

It would be much appreciated if anyone knows if I am missing a setting somewhere, or if there is some other way to do this.

Thanks.

0 Replies

Suggested posts