Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sound quality desktop / web difference

Solved!

Sound quality desktop / web difference

Hi, I'm new here. Just want to ask a few question about the sound quality difference between desktop app and web player. From what I'm listening the sound on the web player has a deeper sound compared to the desktop app. I don't know the jargon used to discribe it since I'm not really an audiophile but u can just tell that it's better on the web. Any chance the desktop app is the one that cause the quality lost?

I've checked HQ, unchecked set same volume level on the desktop app.

I'm on a premium free trial now for Malaysia spotify and I've free account for US spotify. For now porbably will continue to pay for the Malaysia premium since it is dirt cheap compared to other region. But gonna miss out on a few new release and independent band.

46 Replies

Very True! Sounds just SO much better without hardware acceleration! With hardware acceleration enabled on windows 10 I was shocket how much better the web player sounded, now with hardware acceleration disabled the Windows version sounds so much better then the web version! Althrough I have the free version the difference is just amazing!
You should really make this a default setting!

This totally solved it for me 🙂 

Please disable "same volume for all songs" on top of disabling hardware acceleration as well, this made the sound - especially of local files - even more clear for me.

Edit: Do it on the app on phone as well, I was baffled so much last night how good and clear the sound quality was. It always annoyed me that the sound quality on Spotify was less good than while listening to mp3s with another player and disabling the volume control totally solved it.  

I'm experiencing the same thing, however disabling hw acceleration + turning off the same volume level option does not fix it.

Describing the problem in my own words, the webplayer is so much more clear that the desktop app sounds almost muddy in comparison.

I have found no change in the Win10 app between acceleration on or off, the quality is still lower than the web player.  

same here

I tried all of the proposed solutions and could hear no difference

Sound from web app is clearly louder

Suggested posts