Spotify App Glitching

Spotify App Glitching

Plan

Premium

Country

India

Operating System

Windows 10

So a few days ago, I was using spotify and noticed that I could not see my alexa on my spotify connect nor could I join my friends spotify party via discord (my premium subscription is/was active), Later I discovered that my spotify status was also not visible on discord, ONLY if I use it on the application, if I use spotify on my browser it works as intended but on my application it works as if its a different account. I can even play different music on a single account on 2 different places at the same time if one of them is being played on the desktop application. (for example - I could play 1 song on my application and another song simultaneously on my phone/browser/alexa, before it just stopped the application and displayed the same song being played on the other device)
PS- I've already tried reinstalling the app several times
I do not know what to do anymore

3 Replies

Hi there @sams3p10l,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and for your informative post. Let's take a closer look into this together.

To start with, Can you confirm that you followed the steps that's provided in this article? There's some more steps to help thoroughly uninstall the app from your device, so if you haven't, we'd highly suggest it since the steps will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

We can also recommend that you log out everywhere and back in twice in a row. It may sound strange, but this will force sync your account with the servers and can often help with issues like this.

Let us know how it goes so that we can continue to assist you if you need us to.

Take care 🙂

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi Jeremy!

Just going to confirm that, yes, this is exactly the article I used to take help to reinstall my spotify (multiple times)

Also I tried logging out everywhere twice as you mentioned, unfortunately It did not work for me and my spotify application is still out of sync 😞

Hi aqain @sams3p10l,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation. 🙂

Regarding your Alexa - can you relink it to see if there's any difference?

When it comes to discord - We’d suggest removing access to Discord on your Spotify settings by heading here. From there, scroll to Discord > Remove Access. 

Once you’ve done that, head to Discord > User Settings > Connections > remove your existing Spotify account > then add it back again. You’ll also need to head back to your Spotify app > Settings > and ensure “Device Broadcast Status” is toggled on.

Lastly, restart both Spotify and Discord apps then check if your Discord displays your status while listening to Spotify. It’d be a big help if you could send us a screen recording of this process if you run into any hiccups along the way.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

Have a great Friday and start of your Friday!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts