Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect doesn't work on PC

Spotify Connect doesn't work on PC

Plan

Premium

Country

Russia

Device

PC

Operating System

(Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

Hello there!

Recently I've came across some unpleasant issue. Spotify Connect (PC) stopped working for some reason. I still can use it when dealing with Web Version or Mobile App. But when it comes to PC... Nothing works. The "Connect to a device" option doesn't recognize any devices (my phone f.i.), and I can listen to different songs on PC app and Mobile App at the same time... The icing on the cake is inability to run my song as a discord status (seems like discord doesn't even see the activity on my account, when I use PC version).

I've tried to uninstall and install again, tried to connect discord to spotify again. Was a dead end. "Private session" is off. The settings are default.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thank you.

JRyjmbMDlY0.jpg
62 Replies

Hey there, thanks for asking in the community!

I have a quick fix for the same:

1. Visit Spotify.com
  2. Log in and scroll down on your account details
  3. Click the button saying Sign Out Everywhere
  4. This will log you out on all devices and note that you will need to download your library again
  5. Log in to your devices and try playing something to check if connect is now working

Keep us posted!

AmayySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you very much for the quick reply!

Unfortunately, I've already tried this option today, and it didn't help 😞

Thanks for getting back to me! I would suggest you head over to chat support (Twitter DM or live chat) and let them know your issue. You should ask them to clear your Account's Cache backstage. That might fix the issue.

What does it mean: you will be logged out everywhere and all the offline content will need re-downloading. This solves most hiccups user accounts come across. Keep us posted!

AmayySpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Unfortunately I am having the same problem. If you solve the problem can you post the solution?

I also encountered this problem. I have reconnected both discord and spotify, but it still hasn't been solved.
I found this problem happens when i switch to public IP, if keep private IP. It works fine.
But this problem has never happened before. It was working fine before

Hi folks! 

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

First up, it's well worth running a clean reinstall of the app on your PC to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. 

If this doesn't do the trick, would you mind trying with a different internet connection to check if that makes the difference? 

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I have done all the methods from Spotify provided, still not resolved.
I need to use the current IP.
The question is why using PPPoE connection will cause this problem?
works fine in older versions (1.1.74)

Hi @Racpy,

Thank you for your reply.

Can you restart your router to see it makes any difference?

If that doesn't do the trick, can you remove all lines from your hosts file by following the steps bellow:

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify

Let us know how it goes 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I also tried this method and did the DNS cache flushing, still not resolved.

Hey there @Racpy

Thanks for your reply. 

We're afraid we don't have any additional info on this at the moment. In this case, it's worth reaching out directly to Discord support so they can check if everything is ok on their end.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

If u still have a problem, try turning of your VPN if u have one

I also have this issue. Discord is NOT the problem as it shows song playing via mobile and web. The PC app is just broken and it started happening after a sudden restart by Windows and nothing here seems to work. I've had this problem since the year started and just decided to come to fix it.

Come on Spotify this is ridiculous.. So many people with the same issue.

The same has happen to me, for some reason when I use my laptop it works fine, but when I use my pc and try connecting to my phone or to another device my pc doesn't want to pick it up. I was using an Ethernet and thought that was the problem, that's until I tried doing without it(wireless) and got the same results. Using the web Spotify player works fine too, it instantly connects to my phone and shows on the overlay for discord as it should. I also did notice too that when I try listening to Spotify with my friends on discord it wouldn't let me (I have premium) nothing happens other than the Spotify app opening up and thinking it's loading nothing happens.

Not to mention I have tried every method this board has said from signing out everywhere, to completely deleting it and reinstalling it, and resetting my router. This has been happening for over a few months already and I sometimes leave it be, but gets annoying when I come back to it to no method on how to fix it.

Facts.. It is ridiculous.

Does this problem still exist in the latest version? Great, I don't have to try the latest version if still have this problem, I've been stay on version 1.1.74 for a while and it's working fine. Hopefully Spotify realizes this issue has been around for a long time and it doesn't exist in older versions.

Is there a way to rollback to a previous build?

Greetings everyone, I have the same issue now for about 1 1/2 years.

Buggy displaying wich song I am listening on Discord, and for about a Month now the Issue with Spotify Connect.

I can't even switch connections via PC anymore, from Alexa to spotify on Pc, ridiculous.

How is it possible, that this Issue is around about Months now, and nothing is fixed about this??

We pay Monthly Money for this Application, and the least u could do, is to make those things work again!

Otherwise, don't andvertise it, if nothing is fixed about this garbage!

Hello, i also have the same problem as this, Web and mobile works just fine, but the Desktop app doesnt connect to anything and it doesnt Appear on discord neither Last Fm,  i can listen to 2 different songs on Desktop and Web/Mobile and it wont sync, i also tried everything and it did nothing to the problem, weirdly enough mine has started doing this since last day, yesterday was doing fine but today this problem started.

Im currently experiencing the same issue

Suggested posts