Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Desktop shortcut keys stop working (2021)

Solved!

Spotify Desktop shortcut keys stop working (2021)

Plan

Premium

Country

Spain

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Since two days ago (17/01/21) I cannot switch between songs or pause/play any song while being on another program, but if I am on Spotify (maximized and selected) it works. For example: If I am on Spotify, the shortcuts works, right after that I open a folder, a videogame or the web browser, the shortcuts don't work, only when I have Spotify maximized and selected (as I said before).

My shortcuts on PC:

FN + F10: prior song

FN + F11: play/pause

FN + F12: next song

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @d4nielrock

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

You can start off by performing a clean reinstall of the Spotify desktop app on your PC. This will remove any corrupted data that could be causing the issue. 

If you see no difference after the clean reinstall, check your hosts file for entries that need to be removed. Follow the steps described here on how you can do that. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @d4nielrock

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

You can start off by performing a clean reinstall of the Spotify desktop app on your PC. This will remove any corrupted data that could be causing the issue. 

If you see no difference after the clean reinstall, check your hosts file for entries that need to be removed. Follow the steps described here on how you can do that. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

It worked! Thank you very much ^^

Hi @d4nielrock,

Fantastic news! Give us a shout if it starts misbehaving again; we're always here to help.

Have a great day 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts