Premium

Country

England

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Duel Monitor setup. Main is 144hz, 2nd is 60hz. Whenever a video is played on Spotify, the 144hz goes full screen static. Anyone have any idea why this is happening? Nvidia/Intel PC.

7 Replies

Hey there @DontBeStingy,

Thanks for reaching out about this and for sharing that video.

As a first step when troubleshooting unorthodox issues like this one we'd recommend you perform a clean reinstall of the app. It sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Have a look at this article for the relevant steps.

Does this happen only when you play a video/podcast or also when you stream music? Also let us know if this happens when you change display modes - try Extend display or Duplicate display and tell us how it goes.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. Thanks.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,

I have the exact same issue. Installed latest drivers and re-installed Spotify but the issue did not go away.

I did exactly what you said and the issue still persists. It doesnt happens when I play music, but as a free user, I think I remember it happening when a video ad poped up, I cant test this as a premium user now. It happens when I watch podcasts or seemingly any video on Spotify. It only happens on extended display and when I try to watch on my main (144hz screen) but it does not happen when I duplicate the screens.

Thank you for responding though!

Hey @DontBeStingy,

Thanks for writing and sharing your experience with this 🙂

Just to double-check, have you tried running Spotify on the extended display after turning off hardware acceleration in Windows 10?

That did the trick in a few more cases involving dual-monitor setup, so let's see how this goes. 

We'll look out for your reply and be happy to help with all we can.

Cheers!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I turned off hardware acceleration for Spotify if that's what you meant? Still happens. Im not even using my 2nd monitor atm and it still happens on my 144hz screen.

Its for sure because of the refresh rate of the screen because when I use duplicate, it forces the 144hz to scale down to 60hz and thats why it works for duplicate.

For me it happens on the 144Hz monitor even if Spotify is on the extended display.
I keep Spotify mostly on the second 60Hz monitor.

I just started using Spotify and I am having the same issue. I passively listen to music as I work and have used Pandora for years. Interesting I try Spotify and it is glitchy and causes screen issues. The screen does come back after a few seconds but is very frustrating when it happens in the middle of my workflow. Is there a plan for Spotify to fix this programming bug (I mean feature) or are their customers just expected to deal with it?

Suggested posts