Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Waking Computer when opened on Phone

Spotify Waking Computer when opened on Phone

This hasn't happened previously (for me), so maybe an update is causing this to happen, but-

When I open Spotify on my phone it wakes my computer (sometimes I think it does this even when they're not necessarily connected to the same network). This happens on both computers I have on Windows 10, I feel like maybe the problem is that it has a popup on the computer lockscreens that shows what's currently playing in Spotify. I'm not really sure, but has anyone had this issue recently?

2 Replies

I know it's about 2 years later, but I can confirm I'm having the same exact issue. I've isolated it down to spotify, since putting my computer to sleep, it stays asleep until the instant that I open spotify on my phone, then my computer wakes from sleep. It's a bit of a nuisance since this isn't something I have any control over. I know that I can disable the ability for magic packets to wake my computer, but I have that enabled for other software that I would like to keep that functionality for. I'm pretty sure that it's related to how spotify connect works.

As a quick update, I found that one way to avoid this (at least with Spotify for iOS) is to go to the Spotify Settings > Devices and disable "Devices on Lock Screen", as well as disabling Background App Refresh.

I'm not sure that I needed to do both of these, but the combination of these two things also reduces the ridiculous battery drain of Spotify on iOS (specifically on my iPhone 7)

Suggested posts