NEXT STEP

Spotify acting wonky, spawning multiple processes, and crashing

Spotify acting wonky, spawning multiple processes, and crashing

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Samsung Notebook 9 Pen (laptop computer)

Operating System

Windows 10 Pro

My Question or Issue

Spotify is acting wonky, spawning multiple processes, and crashing, usually within seconds of launching. Attached are two screen shots before it crashes - first, the user interface flickers black, and then the app has three instances in the taskbar. The laptop is a Samsung Notebook 9 Pen (NP950SBE-X01US) with Windows 10 Pro - as of this writing, it has all of the latest updates. I have already tried reinstalling Spotify several times according to other community articles (i.e., making sure it has a completely clean uninstall with no remnants of the old files in the local or roaming folders, then restarting before installing again). Both the Windows and the Microsoft Store versions have the issue; repairing/resetting the app makes no difference. The issue is isolated to this laptop - my other computer (also Windows 10 Pro with the latest updates) does not have the issue. Please help.

2020-04-04 - black screen.png
2020-04-04 - multiple processes.png
3 Replies

Hey there @JosephEsler,

Thank you for your post and your screenshots.

Would you mind letting us know if this occurs on the homepage or if it occurs when you're clicking - for an example - a song, playlists or artist? Also - which version of Spotify do you have?

It would also be great if you could provide us a screen recording from when you open Spotify until it crashes. It will help us understand more directly what's going on from your end.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply!

Cheers!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey @Mario,

I just reinstalled Spotify and was going to finally take a screen recording, but the issue appears to have self-resolved.

Thanks!

Hey @JosephEsler,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

We're really glad to hear that everything works as it should for you again 🙂

If anything comes up we're always one reply away. We're happy to help.

Happy Friday 🙂

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts