Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.

Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.

So i use spotify like everyday and all of a sudden yesterday every song was being skipped and individual songs get "spotify can't play this right now".

I reinstalled it like 4 times now, turned off hardware acceleration, etc etc.

The web player works fine still tho.

Capture.JPG
3 Replies

I have the same problem.

Tried reinstalling, installing the "Spotify Installer", shutting off hardware acceleration, allowing Spotify in Defender firewall, shutting down Defender firewall and Comodo firewall that i usually use, tried logging out and logging in again.

Nothing works. And i had not changed anything on my laptop when this error occured.

I have a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 Pro. My account works on all other units i use.

This is my first time replying to these threads so I hope this is explained well enough...I just encountered this same problem and after doing some intensive research and trying everything you have tried, I finally fixed it! Along with Spotify not working, I was unable to open my Sound Settings page after right-clicking my speaker icon on my taskbar tray (using Windows 10). I did an Administrative Command Prompt scan. This scans and inspects all of the important Windows files on your computer and will repair any missing or corrupted files it may find. To do this, simply search for Command Prompt on your computer and run it as admin. When it launches, type in sfc /scannow. That is sfc with a space inbetween. The scan will take quite a while. When it is done it will either say nothing was found wrong or that it found some corrupt files and successfully repaired them. It will then give an address of the log it created of what it all scanned and fixed for more advanced troubleshooting if needed. If the scan does find and fix something, I would recommend restarting your computer afterwards and then going back to Spotify to verify the fix. My scan came clean along with all of my anti virus scans, yet after running this, everything has miraculously started to work again with no issues. Hope this helps!

Hello nhamann!

Thank you very much for your time describing how you solved our problem.
Sadly this solution didn't work for me, so I'll just use the web version of
Spotify until i discover something that works for me.
Thanks again for your time, much appreciated!

Suggested posts