Spotify crashes when adding/removing tracks from playlist

Solved!

Re: Spotify Crashes when Adding music to Playlist from Radio

atechnz
Casual Listener

Yeah Im getting the same issue.

If I add a song to a certain playlist, spotify just closes immediatly. No error message, nothing in the event log of windows. I restart spotify and its waiting on the same song at the spot it closed on.

It's not only if I add a song to a certain playlist, but since it's a collaborative one, if someone else adds a song to it, then it closes as well.

Windows 8 here. Just updated windows 8 this morning, perhaps that has something to do with it?

kogotok
Regular

Who has the same issue, how many songs and playlists do you have in Spotify?

JesperRx
Casual Listener

I have. If I delete a track Spotify vanishes (Windows 7), no error message, no nothing. This is s annoying  My autumn cleaning of my plaulists will take hours. I have three playlists, 1200 songs in total

Kalynndarcy
Casual Listener

Exact same thing just started happening to me too, a few days ago. It crashes adding or removing songs in a playlist. Spotify is version 0.9.1.57.ge7405149. Using WIndows 7. The playlist has 294 tracks, bigger than any other one that I've had so far, but its also been doing it on some smaller playlists too. Perhaps its the number of playlists? With this one I just created I now have 8, but I doubt that's high. When it crashes removing a song, the song is still there when spotify loads back up. Then I can remove it without a crash, as long as I haven't started playing a song again. As soon as I start playing music though, the next attempt to remove or add a song will crash it again.

Spotify crashes when I delete tracks from a playlist

gilest
Casual Listener

Mac OS X 10.8.4, MacBook Air 13inch.

Spotify 0.9.1.57

Here's what happens;

- play some music

- select some other tracks from the same playlist (not the one playing) and hit delete

- Spotify crashes

Also happens if I pause the music before pressing delete. 

After restart, I'm able to delete the tracks. But next time I try the same task, the crash happens again. 

Any ideas?

margj811
Casual Listener

Exact same thing happens to me aswell, when adding a track to a playlist spotify unexpectedly quits just like that.. I have spotify 0.9.1.57.ge7405149 :) Cheeers

margj811
Casual Listener

Edit, I have 50 playlists and the one im adding songs to have 1250 songs. I use macbook version 10.8.4

Re: Spotify crashes when I delete tracks from a playlist

Richard
Roadie

Have you tried a reinstall? That can usually fix crashing issues like this.

If it keeps happening just let us know and we'll take a look at your account.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Dalhedaren
Regular

I have the same problem with Spotify crashing when trying to add a song to a list. It happens randomly though, not every time.

I use a Macbook Pro mid 2010 with OS X Lion 10.7.5

Re: Spotify crashes when I delete tracks from a playlist

elisavhout

I have the same problem, on both devices (both windows 7 with latest spotify version) where I use spotify. I first noticed this issue yesterday. I tried a fresh install of spotify on one of my devices, but this did not solve the problem.

SUGGESTED POSTS