Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify desktop mouse issues

Spotify desktop mouse issues

On my end the mouse sometimes behaves very erratically whenever I try to edit a playlist or queue. Sometimes when I try to drag and drop a song it stops halfway through and I have to do the dragging and dropping again till it works. Sometimes it acts as if I doubleclicked the song, while I didn't, and just straight up skips to the song (or deletes my entire queue and replaces it with a new one) which bothers me a lot. This most likely has nothing to do with my mouse because I've had to deal with this before and recently I got a new mouse and it's still happening. On some intervals it works fine but sometimes the mouse just gets really weird and now it's worse than ever. I swear this also only ever happens with the Spotify desktop app and nothing else. Please tell me I'm not the only one who's having this and that there's a fix for this.

3 Replies

Hey there @user-removed, 

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

Do you mind sending us a video recording showing the behavior you describe?

Just attach the video to your next response to us. This way we can take a closer look at the issue. 

We'll look out for your reply. 

Sorry idk how to record it and it happens very ramdomly, I don't think it'd be noticable in a video

Hey @user-removed, 

Thanks for getting back to us.

If this occurs randomly, here's something you can try. Most common issues can be fixed with a quick reinstall of the app. In some situations however, a clean (more thorough) reinstall of the app might be needed. This way you can start afresh with Spotify on your device. 

Check out this help page in order to find the steps for clean reinstall on the affected device. If it doesnโ€™t do the trick, weโ€™ll provide you with further help.  

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Suggested posts