Country

Germany

Device

Pc 

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hello,

I had a lot of problems with Spotify the last days. At the beginning I couldn't play some songs and they only worked when I uninstalled Spotify and installed it again. But now I can't play any songs at all I can see my playlists and I can search for artists but if I click at a song it doesn't work at all. I use a family account and it works on my phone. I can't use the radio or see my friends and all my playlists are empty. I tried to uninstall  everything in connection with  Spotify and install it but it still doesn't work.

If anyone has an idea or a solution I would appreciate it

Thanks 🙂

error 102.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @RoboKid1 @joedaltoon!

This a known bug with the desktop app and Spotify is investigating the issue. There is a workaround which seems to be working for some users. Can you try the following steps:

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them.
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify.

Hope that solves the issue! Let me know if you have further questions. There is also an open issue about this here where you can track it and vote for it so it catches more attention. I hope this will get fixed on Spotify's end soon.

Have a nice day 🙂

View solution in original post

7 Replies

same, exept that it works on my phone normally

Marked as solution

Hey there @RoboKid1 @joedaltoon!

This a known bug with the desktop app and Spotify is investigating the issue. There is a workaround which seems to be working for some users. Can you try the following steps:

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them.
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify.

Hope that solves the issue! Let me know if you have further questions. There is also an open issue about this here where you can track it and vote for it so it catches more attention. I hope this will get fixed on Spotify's end soon.

Have a nice day 🙂

I't worked!

Thank you very much 😄

@RoboKid1

Anytime mate! Cheers 🙂

I tried doing this, but on my hosts file there were no names with spotify or related to spotify. I have Windows 10 as well. I have tried to uninstall Spotify twice now and I still continue to have the same problem. What else can I do?

Thank you so very much. My spotify account has been broken over a year with this bug. I had been on chat with spotify. They wiped my account I had since Alpha trying to fix it. Nothing they did fixed it. I had even given up completely and unsubscribed. On a whim, I googled and found this. Thank you seriously, Thank you. Where ever you are I hope you're having the best day ever \o/ You're amazing

Suggested posts