Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Windows stopped playing through external audio interface today

Solved!

Spotify for Windows stopped playing through external audio interface today

I use Spotify for Windows with "Traktor Audio 10" sound card from Native Instruments.

One issue that I've been having for as long as I remember is, if I open Spotify and don't play anything for a few minutes while my soundcard is on, I would have to fully exit and restart Spotify otherwise it would play with no sound (time marker and seek bar showing as playing)

Today, after an update(1.0.74.380.g1fcff12a), it won't play anything through my external sound card.

Here's what I've tried:

- Playing on internal laptop speakers (works)

- All other programs and browsers work as usual with external sound card

- Restarted both machine and client

- Tried "--enable-audio-graph", so I can swith back and forth between onboard and external sound cards (onboard: normal, external: no sound)

What I haven't touched is drivers, because I'm quite sure they're doing fine. Plus, the current stable Audio 10 driver has proven reliable since 2015, and no updates since.

P.S. I'm quite knowledgeable in computers, music and everything conencting them, so please feel free to be super-technical! 🙂

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

OK so the culprit was Volume Mixer level for Spotify. It was selectively muted somehow. It's all good now!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

OK so the culprit was Volume Mixer level for Spotify. It was selectively muted somehow. It's all good now!

Suggested posts