Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify glitches when output source is changed, Win7

Spotify glitches when output source is changed, Win7

Plan

Premium

Operating System

Windows 7

My Question or Issue

Hello! I encountered a weird issue today:

Whenever I change my sound output source (e.g. from speakers to headphones), Spotify still plays the song using the first sound source. The playing song also starts looping a 1 second piece over and over when the source is changed, and if I try to navigate to any other menu, playlist etc. only a black screen is shown.

If I try to close Spotify, the looping sound doesn't stop, and I have to end the Spotify.exe process from the Task Manager. In the Task Manager there are 4 copies of the Spotify process in the Processes list.

3 Replies

Have the exact same issue. I've tried to reinstall Spotify and change hardware acceleration, with no luck. 

Hi, came here to report similar error. 

Spotify: 1.0.96.181.gf6bc1b6b

Playing music with Spotify desktop app will stop or start looping 1 sec part of the song when a audio output is added/remove. Also it stops responding to any actions, only possibility is to end the process and restart the application.

I use three different audio outputs. Bluetooth headset defined as default communications device, Bluetooth headset defined as default device and speakers defined as default device when above bluetooth headset is not connected. Connecting or disconnecting any bluetooth device will break spotify as defined above.

Br.

Mike

Suggested posts