Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify installation problem

Solved!

Spotify installation problem

Plan

Free

Country

Poland

Device

Dell Inspiron 5558

Operating System

Windows 8.1

My Question or Issue

Today i decided to install Spotify because a few days ago i had to uninstall it. The problem is that when i try to install Spotify and I open the installation app, this app do not respond. I tried to install Spotify on the second computer and it has the same problem. I don't know if it is just my computer problem or other people has got the same. The application does not even open the download window as it did when i installed Spotify for first time. If anyone knows how to fix it please give me some advises. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

If your computer user has a character that is not english (like í), thats a problem that has solution. Not a good solution, but has.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Spotify-Updater-Error/idi-p/4627174

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey, again @GodOfZed.

I'm so glad to hear things are working again. If you need help with anything else, you can always start up a new thread and the community will be happy to help.

Have a nice day 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey @GodOfZed, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great!

I'm sorry to hear this. Can you make sure that your computer is up to date? Also, please make sure that you're in a country that supports Spotify.

Let me know how this goes 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

My computer has got the latest system updates and Spotify is supported in my country because I used the application before the problem. But I don't know why the same problem appears on my second computer. Tommorow i'm gonna check if i have installed every possible update on my computer once again. Thanks for help anyway 🙂

Hey again @GodOfZed.

No worries! Please let me know what happens tomorrow, I look forward to your reply 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Marked as solution

If your computer user has a character that is not english (like í), thats a problem that has solution. Not a good solution, but has.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Spotify-Updater-Error/idi-p/4627174

Thank you very much. That was the problem, I just created new user without any Polish characters and now Spotify works properly :D.

Marked as solution

Hey, again @GodOfZed.

I'm so glad to hear things are working again. If you need help with anything else, you can always start up a new thread and the community will be happy to help.

Have a nice day 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts