Regular

Plan

Premium

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hi, I would like to get help from the community. Recently I had some update issues with the Spotify app, so I decided to reinstall it.

Once I uninstalled the original app, I downloaded the installer file from the official Spotify page. But when I start it, it only asks for permissions which I allow and stops working. No new window opened, or process in the manager. Just nothing.

I tried the offline installer but it installs some weird version of Spotify with weird look. I guess it's some old version but there is no way to update it. I scanned both install files with antivirus and nothing was found.

Also I tried to move the installer to C:\ and start it. Window appeared with download progress and than again nothing else happened. 

Web player works though, but I prefer to use the app.

Edit: I tried to run the CCleaner to remove old registry, tried to go to /local/ and /roaming/ spotify folders, deleted what was left, nothing. My username thought contains special letter from non english alphabet.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Spotify installer does nothing when started

mglaedr
Regular

Well nobody got me any notification but it looks like they have fixed it.

I just tried to download the regular online installer from their page and Spotify got downloaded and installed normally. No admin permission, no C:/ folder. Looks normal, I tried to play and download some music. Will update you about the update once some arrives.

Just click and install. As easy as before.

20 Replies
3 people liked this

vickyxxx7
Casual Listener

I have exactly the same probem. I'm posting for any helping suggestion!

2 people liked this

CrustiCRock

Have same problem on my PC

Highlighted
2 people liked this

cdemirci

I have the same problem with Windows 8. In additon to this I can't use Spotify Web too. I just wanted to reinstall Spotify. I uninstalled it and download the setup. I tried to run the setup but nothing is happening. I rebooted my pc a few times, turned off my antivirus, tried to run as administrator. I can't solve yet

LlukKas
Songwriter

Try to "RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR" by clicking right mouse on installation file, It might help

2 people liked this

mglaedr
Regular

Already tried, no change

vickyxxx7
Casual Listener

" I have the same problem with Windows 8. In additon to this I can't use Spotify Web too. I just wanted to reinstall Spotify. I uninstalled it and download the setup. I tried to run the setup but nothing is happening. I rebooted my pc a few times, turned off my antivirus, tried to run as administrator. I can't solve yet"

Exactly the same here, only my webplayer is fine! Also the run as administrator or the restarting of the computer is not working.

dennyelvis
Roadie

I've noticed this happening more recently, it can be down to security permissions? If you right-click on the installer app and click on the first tab I think and look at the bottom of the list, if it has an UNBLOCK option click on it, then run as a administrator, hopefully that's it!

4thmll

I have same problem. searched for solutions and nothing worked

1 person liked this

mglaedr
Regular

Just tried to unblock and no change. When I unblock the exe and run as administrator it only asks to install the program as a common user and not administrator. When doing so, it shows the same message and nothing happens

SUGGESTED POSTS