Spotify installer stopped working

Plan

Premium

Country

Czech Republic

Operating System

Windows 8.1

My Question or Issue

Hello, I have problem instaling spotify on my PC, whenever i open the spotify setup, it crashes and stops working. I tried to perform a clean uninstall but nothing worked. Thanks for help

Snímek obrazovky (3465).png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

This issue seems to be with usernames that contain special characters.

You need to create a new temporary folder in C:\(outside the 'Users' folder), put there the installer file and run it from there.

The full installer could help too: http://download.spotify.com/SpotifyFullSetup.exe

(Make sure you're running the installer as Administrator → right-click and "Run as Administrator".

It has helped another Windows8.1 user too 😉

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hi there,

I recommend you to try installing the Spotify directly from the Windows Store app.

It's available here.

Hope this helps! 🙂

i am runnig windows 8.1. To be able to install spotify via microsoft store, i would have to be running windows 10

Marked as solution

This issue seems to be with usernames that contain special characters.

You need to create a new temporary folder in C:\(outside the 'Users' folder), put there the installer file and run it from there.

The full installer could help too: http://download.spotify.com/SpotifyFullSetup.exe

(Make sure you're running the installer as Administrator → right-click and "Run as Administrator".

It has helped another Windows8.1 user too 😉

thank you very much, it worked 🙂

I'm having the same issue. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the desktop app multiple times. I have tried to remove high quality listening as well. I got a new iphone last week, could this be the cause of it?

using the answer given did not help. Feedback from resulting dialogue box said to   "use normal account instead of administrator's"

just run it normally, not as administrator, it worked for me

Hey @maanpl and @agastya9,

To ensure that we can offer you the best help that we can, could you please create your own thread? Doing so is easy!

Simply select the appropriate board here, and then select “Start a Topic.”

Thank you very much!

Suggested posts