Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps connecting to other devices that are not mine. Should I worry?

Solved!

Spotify keeps connecting to other devices that are not mine. Should I worry?

This happened the other day and it happened again a few minutes ago. My spotify shows the "Playing on X device" green bar at the bottom and starts playing music that is not anything I listen to. The devices are not something I have and use as well. Is it possible for mishaps with other people using Spotify to happen or has somebody gained access to my account? (that would be a problem, as I use my facebook account to log in...)

The connect help page mentions two devices need to be on the same wifi, but at home it's only me and my SO that are connected and it definitely wasn't him playing music the first time this occurred. I've recently recovered from an identity theft attempt, so this is really really worrying to me.

I've attached a photo of the song that just tsrated playing at random and the device that connected to me and played it. Pretty sure screenshot is of no help, but I wasn't sure if it'll let me post w/o an attachment.

Also wanted to note that while I am currently using the web version at work, the same issue occured on the desktop version at home.

spotify.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, @xUsako -

That’s not cool! It looks like someone else is using your account;

Please try out the following steps for temporary protection:

1. Go to your Account Page > select ‘SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE.’

2. Reset your password through here.

Most importantly, please contact Spotify directly though this contact form. The support team will quickly look into your issue and solve it out! 

Thank you 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey, @xUsako -

That’s not cool! It looks like someone else is using your account;

Please try out the following steps for temporary protection:

1. Go to your Account Page > select ‘SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE.’

2. Reset your password through here.

Most importantly, please contact Spotify directly though this contact form. The support team will quickly look into your issue and solve it out! 

Thank you 🙂

Darn... is this a 100% certain? 

Somebody mentioned shared networks might cause issues like these.. Was really hoping it's a glitch of some sort 😕 

Hey, @xUsako -

Yes, it is quite certain someone else is using your account- unfortunately 😞

You already mentioned in the post that an unknown device appears on Spotify- even though you were not sharing any network. That means your Spotify account is used in a different location, different place. 

But surely you don't have to worry that much 🙂 Please contact spotify through the  contact form and the support team will start looking through your issue right away!

Thank you 🙂

Suggested posts