Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps crashing

Spotify keeps crashing

Plan

Free

Country

Australia

Device

Acer Nitro 5

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Since the update Spotify straight up crashes on me, sometimes I am able to play a small bit of a song before it crashes but most of the time it just crashes. I have tried using BCUninstaller to completely remove Spotify then reinstall it about 6 times to no avail. I have restarted my laptop, checked to see if there was updated and even did a google to see if any solutions online would help but it still crashes

11 Replies

Hey there! Thanks for asking.

We get it must be irritaing but worry not. Have you tried a clean install? You can find more info on what is a clean install, how to perform one and more troubleshooting tips here. Keep us posted how it goes. Happy to help.

Throw a like my way or choose this as a solution if I helped!

AmayySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yes, I did a clean installing using BCUninstaller as it locates residual files left by the program after its removed as i stated in the inital message

Hi there @elderwolf123,

Thanks for the post.

Try using the web player, if that fails to stream content as well, then you most likely need to clear your host files from any entries containing Spotify. Follow this guide.

Alternatively, you can try downloading the Spotify app from our website instead of the MS store or vise versa.

Keep us posted on how you get on 🙂

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The Web interface works with no problem, the MS version of Spotify still crashes and so does the standalone version since the newest update

I have had the same issue for ages.  Trying clan installs, reboots, MS Store App, downloaded regular desktop app - nothing works.  It finally opens after three or four attempts but crashes again seconds into a song.  Seriously Spotify, I am a Premium and Family plan user - can you someday please make a reliable Windows application?  Strongly considering another provide with higher quality streams and apps that actually work.

Hey folks,

Thanks for the replies.

Can you let us know if you're using work/ school PCs and if they're connected to a corporate or school network? Some system administrators don't allow the use of apps such as Spotify, or block certain networking ports required by the app.

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

AlexModerator

It's my own personal laptop which runs off my home network, Spotify worked on this laptop before the newest update

Hi @elderwolf123,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you try logging in with a different Spotify account? You can aska friend/ family member to log in with theirs or create a free account for test purposes. 

Let us know if the app crashes with that one as well. If so, please tell us your current Spotify app version.

AlexModerator

Still crashes, i can't check the version as spotify crashes before i can get into about to find out. It is whatever is currently available to download off the Spotify website

Okay so quick update, Spotify for whatever reason has started working again. I don't trust it as I'm afraid it may crash at any moment and go back into the crashing it was doing earlier. The spotify version is Spotify for Windows 1.1.68.632.g2b11de83, I am really anxious and worried that it may start crashing like it was doing before

Hey @elderwolf123,

Thanks for the reply.

Glad to hear everything is working fine again.

If the issue does return, you can try clearing the files in this location:

C:\Users\*USERNAME*\AppData\Local\Spotify\Data

Don't hesitate to reach out if you've got any questions.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts