Premium

Country

Argentina

Device

Lenovo

Operating System

Windows 11

My Question or Issue

Ever since the past few months, Spotify hasn't been working correctly on my computer. The web player loads correctly, I can look at my playlists and everything but no music plays.

My desktop app says its offline, however I can play from my playlists if I double click on the names, as well as controling the app from my phone but playing on the desktop app. On the desktop app I cannot look for music. I've tried logging off, reinstalling the app and all but nothing works.

5 Replies

Hey @mika1299

Have you changed antivirus software within that time? Has anything with your network changed?

Please ensure Spotify is allowed past your firewall.

If the above is not the issue:

I'd recommend clearing your Hosts File. Please follow these instructions.

I'd also recommend clearing your browser's cache and cookies. I will provide instructions for Chrome, but most browsers follow a very similar process.

1. Make sure you're on the newest version of Chrome. Click on the hamburger menu and go to Help > About Chrome.

Chrome will auto-update if there is one available.

kaworu_bloodpaw_0-1675347735774.png

2. Clear your browser's cache and cookies. On the sidebar, on the same update page, click on Privacy and security, and Clear browsing data. 

Click on the advanced tab, and select Cookies, Cache, and Hosted app data with the time range set to all time.

kaworu_bloodpaw_1-1675347735779.png

3. Restart Chrome by clicking on the hamburger menu and clicking Exit.

kaworu_bloodpaw_2-1675347735780.png

If the above steps have not helped:

You mentioned that you've reinstalled. Was this a normal reinstall, or a Clean Reinstall?

If you have not tried a clean reinstall, and the issue is still not resolved, I'd recommend trying that.

Let me know how it goes!

Ah thank you @kaworu_bloodpaw for the quick reply! I have tried all methods but nothing seemed to change!

After clearing the cookies, cache and host data, when I log into spotify web player now the screen is completely black. 

And after doing a clean reinstall of the desktop app nothing has changed

@mika1299

Could you attach a screenshot of what you're seeing with the web app and the desktop app, please?

@kaworu_bloodpaw 

Here are both screenshots, web is all black. Desktop app shows offline, even when I am playing music from my phone. The offline mode is not ticked when I go to the File tab.

web_screenshot.png
desktop_screenshot.png

Hey folks,

Welcome to the Community!

Kudos to @kaworu_bloodpaw for the provided troubleshooting steps, we really appreciate the cooperation on this one!

@mika1299 could you also try with a different network to see if that'll change anything with the Web Player and app's behavior? If it's possible you can share Internet via hotspot from your mobile device and if you've been using Wifi until now, make sure to also restart your router.

It's also worth mentioning that if you're using a VPN this can cause different performance issues, so if that's the case we recommend disabling it and trying again without it. 

Should the issue persist, you can try with a more advanced step and it's to start Windows in safe mode. More info on that you can find here

Thanks and we'll be on the lookout 🙂

IvelinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts