Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify search broke.. again

Spotify search broke.. again

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Windows PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

as soon as I try to type in a song in the search bar, spotify instantly crashes. reinstalling doesn't work, deleting cache doesn't work. In a previous topic some months ago spotify didn't respond when trying to search for songs/artists, that took a long time to get fixed, I hope this doesn't take as long...

3 Replies

Hey there @Plexson

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!

We're currently investigating an issue causing the app to become unresponsive when trying to use the Search bar. Check out this Ongoing Issue thread and add your vote by clicking on the +VOTE button. Make sure you follow the steps under Status Update as well. 

It'll also be useful to Subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions. 

It's not becoming unresponsive though, I had that issue before which randomly fixed itself.. since yesterday the app just instantly closes.

Hey @Plexson

Thanks for getting back to us. 

If the app crashes as opposed to becoming unresponsive when using the Search bar this might still be related to the Ongoing Issue we're investigating. Feel free to comment what you experience in the thread there. 

This will helps us further with finding the solution for this issue. 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Suggested posts