Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify seems to not work on my PC correctly

Spotify seems to not work on my PC correctly

I opend the website as usualy in my browser Google-chrome but I also tried it on Edge as browser and both have the same issue

I click on any button and nothing seems to work. I restarted my PC but still... I just want to click on a certain song or the play-button and Spotify is not reacting to anything, no mather if I click onto shuffle, repeat, play, a certain song,... nothing works. The only functions who work are clicking into playlists to switch to another playlist I made

IDK whats going on with Spotify right now 

7 Replies

Still seems to not work 

Today after listening to 2 songs I wanted to click onto another song but than Spotify did not work and didn't let me shoose the song.  I than loged off and on again but nope it than switched to the first song I listened to and is not allowing me to skip the song or click on another one. Later on I restarted Spotify on my browser but than it only poped up a green line on the bottom telling me "You listen to spotify with this browser" but I couldn't get this away to play music 

.. it's annoying

Hi there @yaquyphdwrto0erjguid 

Thanks for reaching out. Could you please provide us the following:

• Is only the webplayer affected? How about the desktop app or mobile?
  • When did this start happening?
  • Is this across all content?
  • Screenshots or a video of the behaviour

With this information, we’d be happy to investigate.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

How am I suposed to screenshot a not working playbutton? that makes no sense to me 

Hey @yaquyphdwrto0erjguid,

Thanks for getting back to us.

No need to provide a screenshot, however, can you please send us the other info that @Joan above has requested?

Also, please check your hosts file using this guide (Windows/Mac) and let us know if the issue persists when using a different internet connection.

Looking forward to your reply.

MihailYModerator

It works on my phone, but not on the website when I am on my PC. I ckick everywhere and nothing happens.

When I listen to music from my phone however I can click inside your website, but it doesn't makes it switch to me using the website, it just changed whats playing on the phone.

I tried clicking on the option to switch to my browser, but on the computer it doesn't work and in my phone it seems to search for connecting but dosn't connects it to my computer (I mean so that the music comes out of thre PC instead the phone)

IDK whats going on. I tried restarting my computer and phone, switched to the app on desktop, loged out and back on etc. nothing helps.

The issue also happend when I switched to a new browser and tried all things you can imagine. IDK whats even going on and how to get it fixed at this point 

BTW I just tried something ... annoying as **bleep**

I click as fast I can 10-20 times till the song I want plays or the function I click on works ... thats not what I want. I want 1 click and it works max. double-click but not when I have to penetrate the click function like that ... 

Hi there @yaquyphdwrto0erjguid,

Thanks for the info.

Can you try clearing your Hosts file from any entries containing 'Spotify'. These can sometimes cause issues with the Web player and Desktop app. 

You can follow the guide here

Let us know if that worked.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts