Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify will not play Bruno Mars

Solved!

Spotify will not play Bruno Mars

Hello - I am new to Spotify - I bought Unlimited monthly access - It is great but for some weird reason, out of all the playlists I have created and enjoyed, NO Bruno Mars songs will play. I have no idea why. It doesn't matter if I just have one BM song in a playlist, have an entire BM album selected, or even stream BM radio - once the Spotify player comes across a Bruno Mars song there is absolutely no sound. I have read on other Community discussion boards that other Spotify users have experienced artist-specific glitches like this. I just wanted to post about it in hopes that someone on the technical end of Spotify could look into it. I LOVE Bruno Mars and would love to be able to enjoy his music on Spotify. And I also would love for my playlists and radio stations to stop getting interrupted with silence.

TIA, Spotify!!

Brooke

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

If you want to stream them from Spotify instead of playing locally, just go to:

Edit > Preferences > Local Files > Untick all of the sources. 

Then restart the client, they should all hopefully vanish from your local files tab and be playable from Spotify. 

Alternatively, normally all you need to do is install Apple Quicktime as in the instructions and that normally fixes it.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @jbrookew1 🙂 

Do you have any Bruno Mars tracks stored locally on your computer? 

If so, try the troubleshooting steps here and they should get you back up and running. 

Peter

Peter

Hello, Peter - thank you SO MUCH for replying!

Yes, I have Bruno Mars tracks on my computer. I logged on to Spotify and clicked on Local Files and saw the tracks there. I attempted to understand the Troubleshooting steps you showed me but I don't know what part of the troubleshooting I should do. Should I delete my local files so that I can listen to Bruno Mars on Spotify? I'm confused, obviously!!

Thanks a lot,

Brooke

Marked as solution

If you want to stream them from Spotify instead of playing locally, just go to:

Then restart the client, they should all hopefully vanish from your local files tab and be playable from Spotify. 

Alternatively, normally all you need to do is install Apple Quicktime as in the instructions and that normally fixes it.

Peter

Peter

OK, Peter - I just did this:

And it worked!! Thanks a lot! Listening to Bruno Mars now!

🙂

Suggested posts