Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

SpotifyMigrator error when opening the Windows 10 app.

Solved!

SpotifyMigrator error when opening the Windows 10 app.

Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

Computer

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I get an error everytime i try to open Spotify. I even tried with a reinstall of windows wich made spotify start once but efter a reboot it came back, it just shows an error about SpotifyMigrator.exe. Anyone know something about this?

Added a photo of the error, in swedish though.

Thanks!

spotify error.JPG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Well this is interesting. I tried the steps you mentioned but no luck. But I noticed one app followed to the new account. So I uninstalled this app called "My Movies 5". Don't know what kind of connection this app have with spotify but MyMovies app do install something to keep my bluray collection in sync with the app in my phone, and after that it works!

Don't know whose fault it is. If its windows, spotify or MyMovies. So now I just need to find out what make this happen.

Big thanks for the help! Have a good day! 🙂

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hey @, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are doing great!

Please try to reinstall Spotify using this more advanced guide 🙂

Do you have Spotify installed on an another drive or it's installed on the same drive as your operating system?

Let me know how it goes. 🙂

Thanks for a very fast answer! 🙂

What advanced guide do you mean?

Even after a clean install of windows i still get this error so im thinking it might be some other apps i install that could collide with spotify? Or maybe its a bug in windows, but i cant seem to find other people having this problem.

Edit. Yes, it is installed on windows drive. Its the windows 10 app though the windows store.

Thanks!

Hey @Qvijoh,

Sorry for the inconvenience!

I included the link now on my previous post.

That's really odd! Could you try creating another account on your PC and install Spotify there?

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Marked as solution

Well this is interesting. I tried the steps you mentioned but no luck. But I noticed one app followed to the new account. So I uninstalled this app called "My Movies 5". Don't know what kind of connection this app have with spotify but MyMovies app do install something to keep my bluray collection in sync with the app in my phone, and after that it works!

Don't know whose fault it is. If its windows, spotify or MyMovies. So now I just need to find out what make this happen.

Big thanks for the help! Have a good day! 🙂

I have the same Problem but i dont even have MyMovies5 installed tf

Maybe you have some other app that conflicts with spotify? Try uninstalling few of your latest installed applications.

I think there is a bug in windows if you have same problem but with other app.

Spotify is the only one i have.

MyMovies5 is an application with installer you download, not through microsoft store. So it could be other applications installed that conflicts with Spotify.

Suggested posts