Starting a playlist changed

Plan

Premium

Country

Belgium

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Whenever i double click to start a playlist, it does not start the song on the top of my playlist anymore (depending on how i sort the playlist).
it always starts with a specific song (in my case something really old in my playlist).
This happens with every playlist i have and was not the case a few days ago.

i noticed this song is always the one first shown on the playlist image.

All help is appriciated, thanks !

spotify.png
spotify.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Dotarape,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Would you mind trying the following to see if the unusual behavior you reported gets fixed? 

Let us know how you get on. We'll look out for your update and be here if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Dotarape,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Would you mind trying the following to see if the unusual behavior you reported gets fixed? 

Let us know how you get on. We'll look out for your update and be here if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator

I have the same problem. It seems that Spotify plays the first track in the Playlist (so the one at the top when not sorting the playlist by Date or Title). Usually the first track you added if you never rearranged the tracks.

Logging in and out kinda solved it for most of my playlists, but its still funky for 1 playlist.

if uninstalling does require me to re-download every song i saved, i'd prefer not to do that 😄

for now i'm gonna roll with it

Thanks!

Hey @Dotarape,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Glad to hear the suggestions helped 🙂 

@maurice_ichi, it'd be great for you to take a look at this ongoing issue and follow the steps in the Status Update if you already haven't. If you're still experiencing what you reported even after following the steps, make sure to add your vote (by clicking +VOTE) as well as to leave a comment with the required info to be notified about any updates on this.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can help with in the meantime!

Mario Moderator

And i'm having this issue again...
Something i noticed is that some playlists still display the "downloading" icon next to the list.
I guess i'l have to do a fresh instal, this should be looked at by spotify though!

stest.png

Suggested posts