Premium

Country

UK

Device

Compaq Laptop

Operating System

Windows 8.1

My Question or Issue

Hello. For some reason since i last updated my spotify, the cpu usage has been way too high. Even when the app is minimised to my taskbar. Im not sure why this has suddenly started happening. Normally usage is below 3-5% when in background. Its slowing down my computer way too much.

Capture.PNG
Capture2.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey everyone,

@alfie420 @twats3n @viimatar @zupr @Daniel231294 

This should now be fixed. Are you still having trouble?

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Desktop PC

Operating System

Windows 11, 64 Bit

Hi friend,

I have the same problem.

CPU usage spikes to 25% and cpu temp goes to 75C...... What helped me was to set Spotify to "Offline Mode". 
But there has to be an other solution ?

setting my spotify to offline mode seemed to work for me too. cpu usage is still slightly above average at roughly 10% but its better than 30-50%. hopefully theres a fix for this soon

reinstalling the app worked for me, I'm back to max 1% usage 

Super high... I came here to see whether others have had this problem. My Win10 laptop, less than year old, is using nearly 70% CPU, so it beats that problem by far. The Spotify version is Spotify โ€“ Windows 1.1.72.439.gc253025e and Windows has been kept up to date - 21H2 is the version I'm using. The drivers have been updated, today in fact. The CPU is Intel(R) Core(TM)**bleep** 1.19 GHz and out of 4GB of RAM, there's still 3.75GB free.

I suspect that part of the problem may be my Avast Antivirus, which keeps on hogging capacity, even if I have turned off all the unnecessary features. I switched the Windows Defender to that one, since it was even worse. The cloud-based protection doesn't really work with lousy connections, so that is off, as well. The application is checking all the files opened, but should I add Spotify to the exeptions? That might be a solution.

I have Spotify Premium, and I'm mostly playing music from downloaded playlists, so running the streaming clients shouldn't eat up CPU, either. No animations, or videos running. Neither am I running too many other programs at the same time - all I have open is one PDF file and two Chrome tabs, plus two LibreOffice documents, none of those should interact with the Spotify App to my knowledge. 

Please, can anyone come up with a solution?

... can you check if all playlists do this for you? I have some with 200% CPU and some with 2%. Reproducible, constant ...

Marked as solution

Hey everyone,

@alfie420 @twats3n @viimatar @zupr @Daniel231294 

This should now be fixed. Are you still having trouble?

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi folks,

yes the problem is fixed for me ! Thanks !

Suggested posts