Frickett

Plan

Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

After being able to use the desktop app perfectly fine, it's now saying it's offline and unable to find an internet connection. Spotify is working fine on my other devices (tablet and phone) and also the web browser. No other apps on my desktop are having any issues.

So far I've tried quite a lot in terms of fixing the issue - I've reinstalled Spotify, ensured it was the most updated version, changed proxy settings, disabled any active firewall/anti-virus, restarted my router and changed to a different DNS. Any help will be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Unable to find internet connection (error code:4) only on desktop app

Hey @Frickett, @JoergGaBo, @rjabse, @Feli_X,

Thanks for posting about this here! 

We're aware there are issues with the app showing you're offline even though you're not. That's why we've created an Ongoing Issue while the right teams are investigating this. 

To contribute to this getting fixed you can add your vote by clicking on the +VOTE here. Below the description there are some suggested steps you can try like @Frickett did.

We also encourage you to subscribe to get relevant updates about it. You can do this by clicking on the three dots in the upper right corner, next to the title. 

We appreciate your time to do this, stay tuned 🙂 

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted

JoergGaBo
same issue here, tried to uninstall and re-install the Desktop App, no chance, simply says I'm offline. Firewall, proxy settings all ok.
Highlighted

rjabse
Visitor
same here too 😞
Highlighted

Feli_X
Visitor
I have the same problem since 2 days, it´s really annoying.
Highlighted
Solution!

Hey @Frickett, @JoergGaBo, @rjabse, @Feli_X,

Thanks for posting about this here! 

We're aware there are issues with the app showing you're offline even though you're not. That's why we've created an Ongoing Issue while the right teams are investigating this. 

To contribute to this getting fixed you can add your vote by clicking on the +VOTE here. Below the description there are some suggested steps you can try like @Frickett did.

We also encourage you to subscribe to get relevant updates about it. You can do this by clicking on the three dots in the upper right corner, next to the title. 

We appreciate your time to do this, stay tuned 🙂 

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

SUGGESTED POSTS