Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Volume Slider Jumping Around

Solved!

Volume Slider Jumping Around

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Pc

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

While moving the volume slider it like jumps around and is pretty buggy, here a video of the issue

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

This is an issue which we're aware of and which we're currently investigating.

Make sure to head over to this Ongoing Issue thread and leave the requested info - we'll provide you with an update there as soon as we have one.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

15 Replies

I have the same issue, reinstalling Spotify didn't help.

Same here, also on Windows 10:

iCogAivG9J.gif

Me too

This happens to me all the time. The volume even jums randomly, when the app is in the background.

I have the exact same problem. Hope there will be a fix soon?

Also have this issue.

Incredibly annoying! Is there a fix coming? It's been doing it for months 

Same here, super annoying.

Hey!

I've been having the same issue for the past few weeks. 

This is what I've tried and it worked immediately..

1. Go to settings

2. Advanced settings > Compatibility

3. Switch 'Enable hardware acceleration' to OFF

4. Restart Spotify

5. Slider should now be fixed

After this I even tried turning the slider ON again after restarting the volume was still behaving as supposed to so. Not sure what the turning OFF and ON did but switching it at least once should fix the problem.

Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_3.png
Screenshot_4.png

here we are almost a year later and no fix... SPOTIFY wth FAM

Same issue. And toggling the hardware acceleration button does not work.

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall instead of the regular one? We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. This tends to solve issues with the app's performance.

Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app.

It's also a good idea to log in to your Spotify account on another device just to check if you observe the same. If it doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up to speed with any software updates available.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

There is some bug with the Spotify's client rendering, I noticed that the volume slider is skipping a lot when my display is set to 165Hz but at 60Hz it's almost completely gone. Hardware acceleration off fixes the issue for me on 165Hz, but it's a workaround, not a solution.

Hi Ivan,

Thank you for noticing this issue. I've just clean reinstalled Spotify and the issue is the same.

This machine has absolutely no problems running other apps and has the latest windows updates.

I have a guess that this issue is related to the DPC latency on the machine. The music sometimes stutter. But this shouldn't affect changing the volume at all. This might worth looking into for developers.

Thanks

Unfortunately this did not help in my case, but thanks for the suggestion.
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

This is an issue which we're aware of and which we're currently investigating.

Make sure to head over to this Ongoing Issue thread and leave the requested info - we'll provide you with an update there as soon as we have one.

Cheers!

Suggested posts