Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Waiting for connection

Waiting for connection

hi there,

ive been trying to download my playlist to listen to them offline but it just says waiting for connection.i dont have this problem with my phone. does anyone know what to do? i couldnt find my answer in other posts.

2 Replies

Hey there @Swivelz!

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community! We'll be happy to help you sort this out.

Could you try logging out > restarting your computer > logging back in?

You could also try performing a clean reinstall with the steps here to make sure that all old files that might be causing trouble are gone.

It's also important that you re-download it from the Microsoft store.

In case the issue persists, could try downloading the songs on a different connection and let us know your Spotify version?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello,
I've been having this same issue for a month or so now (PC, Windows 8.1). I have tried everything listed in every article and I am still getting the "Waiting for connection" notice on every playlist I try to make available offline. I have done full uninstalls, deleted the caches, changed the WiFi access point I am using (which shouldn't be an issue because my playlists are downloading perfectly fine on my iPhone and Mac Book). I have even tried changing where the offline cache is being stored between my SSD and normal HDD with no success. The only other thing I can think of is a full Windows reinstall, but that seem unnecessary and would surely have me consider switching to Apple Music or Amazon Music.

Suggested posts