Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web player pausing songs

Web player pausing songs

I've been experiencing issues with web player it keeps pausing the song on its own with no effective solution in sight.  Anyone facing the same issue and know what to do?

Plan

Free and Premium

Country

Brazil

Operating System

Windows

Google Chrome 64 bits version 113.0.5672.127 

8 Replies

ME TOO!  I never had a problem up until a couple weeks ago.  I play a playlist, and it typically would just play the whole playlist. But now, the playback just pauses in the middle of playback for no apparent reason. 😞 What can be done?

Hi folks,

Thanks for the posts.

It's possible that someone else has access to your Spotify account on another device and might be pausing the playback. We'd recommend going through the steps listed in this support article in order to secure your account.

If the issue continues after changing your password and logging out, please check if this happens on your other devices or when using another internet browser. 

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

no one has access to my acc and I know other people who are having the same issue so we assumed it's a Spotify problem. 

what's happening is that the player goes like blank and this never happened before!

Hi @KatherineSD,

Thanks for the reply. Could you please provide us the following:

• Is only the web player affected? Does this happen on any device?
  • When did this start happening?
  • Do any devices appear in the Connect list when this happens?
  • Screenshots or a video of the behaviour

With this information, we’d be happy to investigate.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator

only happens on web player the web app works fine it started like 3 weeks ago and I don't use on other devices 

20230605_203730.jpg

now something else is happening: before when I refreshed the page it showed the last song played just like if it's paused but now it's not showing anymore the player is blank as if never played anything 

Hi there @KatherineSD,

Thanks for the post.

Since this is happening only on the Web Player, it's possible that the issue is caused by corrupted browser cache & cookies. This is sometimes the reason if the web player can't load your previously played song.

Please try the following troubleshooting:

• Open the Web player in a Private browser window, to check if it works.
  • Clear your Chrome browser cache and cookies
  • Check if there are any updates for the browser and install them
  • If playback still pauses like that, clear your Hosts file from any entries containing Spotify. Follow this FAQ guide.
  • Check if the Web Player works on another browser like Firefox or MS Edge.

Note that if you're logged in multiple devices like TV, Smart Speaker, game consoles etc. to which other users have access, they might be pausing your songs, so it's a good idea to log out everywhere and log back in only on devices that you're currently using.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator

I already did the clean cache thing the browser is updated and no one has access to my acc I use only on one device that only me can access

🤡

Hey @KatherineSD,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

We really appreciate the time you took to report this to us, but in order to better understand what's exactly happening on your side, we'll need some additional info. 

For starters, and just to confirm, can you replicate this behavior on a different browser like, for example, Microsoft Edge? If you're not sure, it'd be awesome if you could check. Please send us the Chrome version you're running. You can check it by going to Settings> About Chrome.

On another note, is this happening if you change the internet connection you're using? Is this happening over WiFi? Ethernet? Both? If possible, you can create a hotspot on your phone and connect your computer to it to see if you notice any difference. Give it a try, and let us know if changing the connection makes any difference.

Lastly, can you replicate this behavior on a different computer? It’d be awesome if you could check. You can ask for the computer of a relative or a friend to open your account and check.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

Suggested posts