Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why can't Spotify keep its apps' features in sync!?

Why can't Spotify keep its apps' features in sync!?

So, just yesterday I discovered by accident that you can hide songs in the iOS app. Great, a feature that is really, really useful for me. I listen mostly to albums, but sometimes there are tracks on an album I have no interest in.

But...on the desktop app for Windows this feature is not there! Why are you unable to keep your apps in sync when it comes to (such basic) features!? Who would think that it's a good idea to roll out this feature for mobile, but not for desktop? I have zero interest controlling my Spotify playback at home with the iOS app, because it's just 100x more comfortable to do it with the desktop app. This is just mind-boggling.

3 Replies

Hey @user-removed,

Welcome to the Community! Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

The option to hide tracks should be available also on your Windows device. Keep in mind however, that this feature is only available on certain playlists like the Discover Weekly and Release Radar. If you are missing the button to hide a track, we recommend that you perform a clean reinstall. You can use these steps.

If that doesn't fix things a screenshot of what you are seeing would help us out a lot in getting to the bottom of this. You can attach it to your post via the Insert Photo option, just be sure to hide any private or sensitive information.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Have a nice day!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

That is not what I meant. It should've been quite obvious that I was talking about hiding songs in an album:

I listen mostly to albums, but sometimes there are tracks on an album I have no interest in.

And that option is definitely not there in the Windows desktop app.

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for getting back to us and sorry for the mix up.

We can confirm that the option to hide songs in the album view is currently not available for for desktop devices. You can however submit an idea on our board, that requests this feature. This page has detailed instructions on how to do this.

In the meantime we also suggest the following workaround - you can add the whole album to the play queue and then remove the songs you don't want to hear from there. You can find instructions on how to add and remove tracks from the queue here

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Have a great day!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts