Why is my spotify often so slow?

Solved!

Re: Why is my spotify often so slow?

johnpeachey
Casual Listener
Me too! Minutes to load, rotating balls etc. My version is 1.0.11.134.ga37df67b for what it's worth.

naantown
Casual Listener

The client has been slowing down my whole machine for months now. While I am not a big apple fan when Spotfy starts to slows down my whole machine takes about a minute to boot up and then struggles when I want to add one local file (I was surprised that I can't just drag straight into the client today) - it pains me to say it might be time to jump ship :(

MrCircuit
Music Fan
Just registered here to echo the sentiment that this app stinks royally and I'll be moving on if it's not fixed very soon. It's 2015, guys. There's no reason any current program should feel like you're using it on a PC from the early 90s.

billradovich
Music Fan

i love spotify very much. but it's bizarre to me that the mobile app works a lot better than the desktop. about once a day when i open it, it is very very slow to load.

tomjez
Regular

Also registering here to vent :

If it is not solved by the end of the year I'm moving to google music. I LOVE Spotify, I registered the day it was launched in my country, I love that I can find almost anything, I love the "discover" and the "discovery of the week" and how it seems to know my taste so much. 

But I can't take my cell phone to put on some musich and wait 5 minutes for the app to get it together. I sometimes have to force close the app, clear the cache, reboot my cellphone, just to have access to musich ALREADY THERE ON MY PHONE. 

Get it together. 

p0testi0

I registered here too just to vent about how unusable Spotify has become.

It is so slow, search takes 1-2 minutes and the screen freezes.  Forget about even scrolling once the search results show up.

Once I play a song, very often I can't stop it, pause it or select another song.  It just plays on and on.  The app stops responding to clicks.

I am a long time user too and I'm about to give up.  I have tried on 3 different PC's (Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10) and its all the same.... unsuable, freezing and not responsive.

version: 1.0.13.108.gcd94e7db

johnpeachey
Casual Listener

Just to say that from 12 October 2015 Spotify is now working a treat.

audify
Casual Listener

I have disabled all local music files, but still i often experience a slow start and sometimes takes ages before I loeds the social pane on the left side and makes it impossible to search up music. I can fast listen to my playlists, but when I want to search sometime new it takes ages.

SPOTIFY, you seriously need to fix this, everything is good with the app (almost). You can't have an app that is slow to start up with all functionalities, even not with all one..

MrCircuit
Music Fan

Thing is, the PC app works great once it's up and running. Searching is fast, loading playlists is fast, playback is pretty much flawless. It's that it takes forever to get up and running. Like a weirdly long time for what's otherwise a relatively simple program. I don't have it loading local files, and the social stuff is all turned off, so I know it's neither of those things which tend to be common issues for people. It's just slow. Oddly, the Android app is always super quick.

Highlighted

Using Premium on an iMac. Startup time is close to 2 minutes before it comes out of its stupor. 

SUGGESTED POSTS