Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why was the queue moved to the right instead of the center?

Why was the queue moved to the right instead of the center?

My playlist queue used to be in the center column on the desktop app. Now it has moved to the right column and I really hate it there. How do I move it back to the center?
Top Answer
Eternal_
Regular
134 Replies

I don't have this update, but i tell few words about it based on screenshots. My app Spotify – Windows (64-bittinen)
1.2.33.1039.g8ddb5918

I always skip any song/delete which are less than 2.40 minutes. When you see the time, it's easy to delete them from queue.

It's not worth listening tracks 2.39 or less minutes if I will not add them to a list anyway. In my opinion poor design.

Right length for Radio Edit in my opinion 2.40+ minutes and for Extended Mix 4.40+ minutes.

Anything less I do not listen/add to my lists so they learn to make longer experiences 😉

New update is hard to look and as well misses the timeline.

I miss old days when Extended Mixes were normal at 10 Minutes.

I feel same. I want to see durations of upcoming tracks!

I can't believe I received it this quick!

vaajy_0-1710364059587.png

The previous big view was better as now you as well see irrelevant information from home page, lists etc. In previous view you could just see relevant information. As well read my previous answer about other issues here. We will see.

They moved it over to justify reducing the details. They reduced the details to hide the fact that the queues are being filled with sound bites... "songs" less than 2 minutes.

Completely agree. They might also want to make people use 3rd column.

Is my Spotify broken because I was able to press Delete on my keyboard when selected tracks in queue.

In new Queue I press delete and nothing happens. Only in menu you can delete.

Sorry, but too much hassle to remove tracks from queue.

2 minute songs or less is business. They make same money no matter if song is 10 minutes or 5, or 1 minute.

Yesterday it was easy to delete them before playing so they couldn't get a dime from my account.

Thank you for the detailed response because it is exactly how I feel!  I've been with Spotify almost since inception and have had it.  I tried to move fully to Pandora, but Pandora on premium only supports a bitrate of 192k!  Which is an insult to music lovers.  WE CAN TELL THE DIFFEENCE.  Spotify DJ is abhorrent and so not AI. But this UI change is just dumb.  All the screenspace wasted to irrelevance.   You can get the old experience from the web version.  But that is not a solution either. 

I hate this update, please revert or make it an option. I utilise the centre screen queue all the time with the display of far more information and control for rearranging etc.

Just got this. It's absolutely terrible. I can't see album names or track times or whether or not something is on a playlist. I'm seriously thinking this might be the last straw that finally gets me to cancel my Spotify premium. It's extremely clear to me that Spotify not only hates its artists, but its users, too.

Got this update today. While I generally like the idea of having my main menu and the queue side by side and I don't care if I see the runtime of the tracks in the queue, two things bother me:

- Track numbers are not visible in the queue anymore. Since the queue is limited to only 80 tracks (I've always been wondering WHY?? Why not more?), I would like to see how many tracks are already in it.

- Deleting tracks from the queue isn't possible with Ctrl+X anymore. PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP. Since this wouldn't make any sense whatsoever as a deliberate decision, I can only assume this is one of the accidents that come with almost every update.

- Generally, there should be a choice if you want to use the old queue view or the new one. But the new one definitely needs improvements, otherwise I can't imagine anyone wanting to use it.

EDIT: Okay, I just realized that I definitely miss the album column in the new queue. I want to be able to access albums that belong to my queued songs via queue, not just the album for the track that is currently playing. So, many people miss the track time, others miss the track numbers or the album column, and many probably miss all of that. Bottom line, THIS QUEUE IS A DISASTER, IT'S NOT USER FRIENDLY. PLEASE DON'T FORCE IT UPON US. There is simply not enough space to have the main menu and the queue side by side and have them contain all important columns. Please just scrap the idea as a failed experiment.

I've also just received this update; I'd much prefer to have the queue / recently played information back in the middle column where it was before.

To get noticed, may I suggest that you all write to support at spotify dot com about this? I just did.

They usually follow what's going on here. The problem is that normally we have to wait until the next version release, which takes several weeks. And even then it's not certain that all (or any) issues will be fixed. 

I'd like to roll back to a previous version. Not being able to extend the right sidebar is annoying. You're already charging too much in there. The right sidebar should ONLY be to see what other friends are listening to. STOP moving things there.

I DEMAND YOU SWITCH IT THE WAY IT WAS BEFORE.

Nope, no you cannot, you can only view the queue in it's new, horrible position.  Stop giving out false information.  If you expand it, it goes fullscreen, as in, the ENTIRE screen.  Not what anyone is talking about.  We just want the queue back where it was.

Second attempt at posting here: this change is rubbish and resulted in functionality (album title and track length) being removed from the queue in the desktop app view, also I cannot now view Friends activity at the same time as the queue. From reading other posts, it looks like paying customers (like myself) cannot roll back these unwanted and unasked-for changes (as a subscriber I was not consulted!) so am now considering cancelling my subscription.

Oh hey, a bigger thread on the issue. This change is terrible, having to pick between seeing information on the track and seeing what's coming next, being unable to see the album and song lengths of songs. I may very well stick to the web version until this changes.

And if the web version changes too, I might have to consider listening to music elsewhere.

Thanks for the tip, I didn't know the web version was not affected by this update. In fact, I didn't know that in the web version it's possible to queue more than 80 songs! Why is the app limited to 80 then? Damn, I would stick to the web version for good, but it has other downsides, e. g. copy/paste/delete via CTRL shortcuts doesn't work, at least not on my end. It's also not possible to search within a playlist. Weird.

Totally agree with this thread!

My work computer must have auto-updated the Spotify app today, and now... Same issue as described and pictured in this message board... It was perfect before today. I want my “Queue” and “Now Playing” up at the same time while listening, NOT my (or Spotify’s) library of choices and recommendations! I subscribe so I can listen to (and see) what I want to, when I want to... NOT to be constantly distracted by all the stuff that I hide away when not in use...

...It’s like someone tossing all the stuff that is hidden away in your storage closet into the middle of your family room, and then saying, “Oh, and, by the way, you can either watch TV OR  lounge comfortably on the sofa, but not both at the safe time!” ...No one wants these things!?

Please fix, pronto!

I was hit with this GUI update today and it really is a bad change. Either roll back the queue change to the old view, or give us an option to move the queue from the right sidebar back to the center.

As long as I'm paying for a service, I expect the user interface to be up to my standards and this update isn't it.

Wow. I had no idea there were so many replies to this topic or the dislike of the change was so widespread. For one thing, it changed back for me the next day without me having done anything, and the queue is now back in the center where I like it.  For another, all the emails for replies had been shunted off into my spam folder, which I'm really bad about checking, and I only found them this afternoon. I also have no idea how this problem fixed itself for me while others are still reporting it as happening to them, but I wish everyone luck and hope that Spotify can fix the problem for everyone.

Suggested posts