Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Win 10 Store App: Offline Storage Loc Not Saved

Win 10 Store App: Offline Storage Loc Not Saved

It won't save a change to the offline storage location in advanced preferences in the newly downloaded Windows 10 Store version of the app.

4 Replies

Hey @notebene

Thanks for coming to the community 🙂

I've just worked through it on my app and it seems to work fine, it prompted me to restart once I'd selected a new location.

Are you a Spotify Free or Premium user?

Hope this helps!

Andy

Premium.  I clicked the restart link and go back in to look and it's flipped back to the default C drive location, which is my SSD drive and I'd like to keep that clean of documents, cache, local data stores, etc.

Guess I'll try restarting to see if that helps (haven't restarted since I installed it).

Hey @notebene

Let me know how the restart gets on, try running as an adminstrator as well. Whilst you're at that check the securites of the folder you're trying to make the default.

Hope this helps!

Andy

I have full access to the directory,  but deleted and recreated it.

It let me do it to another drive.

I also notice when I pick it and restart, it seems to 'build' a whole mess of things in that directory I pointed to, but when I go back and look at preferences, it's pointing back to c:\users\me\appdata\local\packages\SpotifyAB.SpotifyMusic_yadayada\LocalState\Spotify\Storage

Suggested posts