Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Windows 10 - Left corner song banner (pause,stop) - FIX IT

Solved!

Windows 10 - Left corner song banner (pause,stop) - FIX IT

Hi Spotify Team, please fix this problem from last update of Spotify 1.0.41.375

In left corner in Windows 10 i see everytime if i change volume this poisonous banner of song.

Please Fix it, or add in Spotify settings - selection fro off this.

Thanks

0111.JPG
128 Replies

Restarted today and banner no longer appears. Play/pause functionality on my keyboard also started working again (previously, I had to be active on the Spotify window for it to work). Thanks for the fix, Spotify!

2 weeks nothing yet

I just installed the update and the new option is working. Thanks

Update worked for me. The option appeared and there's no more annoying overlay whenever I adjust the volume. Thanks for fixing this nuisance so promptly!

Such a dumb and useless "feature". How many places do we need to be able to control Spotify from?? I can hover over the taskbar and control it there, I can use media keys on my keyboard, I can open the application and use the full controls, I am pretty sure we USED to be able to right click the notification icon, etc. Who would ever think ANOTHER method was needed, especially one that pops up and obstructs the user's workspace. Music is background entertainment, nobody ever needs forced windows or nitifications to pop up. Don't try to be more then you need to! There are plenty of interface issues already that need fixing, why ADD more problems?

And I am using the latest version for Windows and have no option to disable this. So stupid of a "feature". Give us the ability to adjust interface colors, or an easier way to decifer frames within the app (since Spotify has adopted the terrible flat look), etc. Fix before adding more junk....

Glad you're fixing this. I can't see this as something users would have asked for when prompted to suggest improvements, I mean you did do UI and UX testing for this, right? This seems like something we could expect from Microsoft but not Spotify. (Premium)

Thanks, this was very nice to see! 

Can you also introduce an animation when a user enters an incorrect password for the websites? Every time I try to log in and try entering my passwords. I have the feeling the internet is down or there is an issue with the site. I wish the login page would show an new reaction to the failed attempt. E.g. Password incorrect banner highlights 

Thanks for fixing the problem Spotify Team!

Thank you for giving us the option to hide that annoying banner! It was honestly driving me insane. You can't even type anything into search bar with it there, unless you wiat 5 seconds for it to disappear completely. I still don't understand why that's even there. But alas, you fixed it. Thanks for listening to us. 

Sincerely,

Once Again Happy Paying Customer

gday fella, i use 2 monitors on my pc and would use this banner if i was given the option of moving it to my 2nd monitor instead of it being locked to my main display. an option to unlock it and drag it to where it's desired with the ability to lock it again would be appreciated!

YEESSS, thank you so much!

mindfulcat - Sorry but we're unable to tweak any aspects of the user experience as this is a Windows feature that we simply enable, rather than a Spotify feature that we can tweak until our heart's are content. 

Spotifinemusic - You're most welcome 🙂

Brendan - Desktop Team

I am on version 1.0.44.100.ga60c0ce1 on Windows 10 and I do not see this option. Display Options only gives me the first 3 options (unavailable songs, announcements, friend feed)

Hey Brendanm,

I know that this post was done a month or two ago, but honestly, I like the overly as it saves me from having to re-open the application to change tracks.  With that being said, I know some people here prefer not to see that toolbar.  Is there a way I can keep that tool bar visable?  Typically I am using a wireless logitech keyboard that has the track change buttons on the keyboard but when I am using my laptop without the keyboard, it'd be nice to not have to open the application each time I wanted to change the track.

https://www.autohotkey.com/download/

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

It can be turned off now by clicking on Edit, Preferences..., Display Options, Show desktop overlay when using media keys.

I'm on version 1.0.45.186.g3b5036d6 now on this computer and still don't have this option, even after re-starting Spotify and the computer.

However, oddly enough, I have other computers on this same version and they have the option.

I am running Spotify 1.0.45 and do not have the option to tun off this feature in my Display Options. Also, my album artwork on the overlay is showing a Windows app that is not running, other than that, it looks and behaves identically to the above issue.. Separate problems? Different problem.

Suggested posts