Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Windows App Crashing/Automatically Uninstalling

Windows App Crashing/Automatically Uninstalling

Since the upgrade to my windows app yesterday, I can play about two songs, and then the app crashes and then uninstalls itself. I've never seen anything like it. I don't think it's got anything to do with an antivirus program, as I get no notifcations that it's been flagged or removed. It just crashes and then it's gone from my computer. Gone from the programs list, all shortcuts automatically deleted. The "roaming data" folder does not automatically remove, so I have tried fully removing the app by deleting the C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\ folder, re-downloading and then reinstalling; that does not fix it. 

Thanks for your help!

28 Replies

rlpietraszek - I found the previous version (1.0.51.693) at the site below. I'm going to test it now.

https://spotify.en.uptodown.com/windows

rlpietraszek The old version seems to be working fine.  I've gotten through 11 songs without it crashing which is far more than I could get through with the new version.

Interesting, thanks! The Spotify team still has not gotten back to me, this
is a good temporary fix! 🙂

The team has let me know that they have forwarded this issue to their devs for further review, and hopefully we'll have a solution soon. 🙂

Worth noting that the web player works fine on Windows right now: https://open.spotify.com/

Thank you!

Hey

Same thing happens to me, even with the old update. Weird that the team has not answered yet. Keep us updated if you can. Thanks and all the best!

hey @leokali - the spotify team helped me via twitter which basically came down to installing a previous version (even though I had done that on my own).  My app is now back up to version 1.0.52.725.g943b26a8 (which had been crashing on me) and is now seemingly okay.  So, unfortunately, I don't really have a resolution for you other than try downloading the previous version.

Oh ok, thats fine! thanks for the fast asnswer and have a good day 🙂

you too!

Suggested posts