PREMIUM

Country

BRAZIL

Device

DESKTOP COMPUTER

Operating System

WINDOWS7

My Question or Issue

After update desktop app for Windows 7 the software does not work at all - completely out of order / MALFUNCTION.

I tried to reinstall the desktop app software for 3 times without sucess.

As a Premium user I claim for immediate support. 

Thank you Spotify Team.

5 Replies

Hey @lamigli 

I would recommend clean reinstall that includes erasing these possibly faulty Spotify files left behind, and a restart. You can follow the steps on how to do that in this article. 🙂

If that didn't do the trick, I'd like to know more about what's up on your end - does it hang, does it throw errors (which kind of errors).

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @Sebasty

I've been having the exact same problem with the latest update, which consists of the following:

- The app won't respond at all after the first button press (if I click on my Liked Songs then on a song, the album cover appears but nothing happens, no sound comes through). I had to click onto a playlist then a song for it to finally work, after doing 3 clean reinstalls.

- The search bar will lose focus right after pressing on it, meaning that searching for new songs was increadibly inconvinient.

For now, those are the problems that I came across. Though I believe that the first one is the worst since it makes the app unusuable on Desktop, could you guys look into it please? This has been going on for almost a week now.

Thank you,

Seph

Hey @SephVEVO 

Please let me know what operating system are you on, and what's the version of your Spotify app. 🙂

You can find the version in Spotify menu - Help - About.

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @

I've been having the exact same issue since 2 days ago (Dec/21/2019). Also using Windows 7. Already tried every single sugestion I've seen in the community here, no success. Re-installed the app many times, removed every spotify-related file after uninstalling, rebooted, removed accesses, tried everything while running the app as admin...

My current Spotify version is 1.1.22.633.g1bab253a

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

We've created a separate Ongoing Issue thread where we're gathering info from users regarding this issue.

If you're still experiencing this issue, make sure to head over there and leave the requested info.

Thanks!

Suggested posts