Premium

Country

philippines

Device

laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

all content unavailable when i am using the desktop app. but everything normal when i am using android app or web browser. I have tried every method including reinstall spotify and reboot, i am desparated.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @kem1k0,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

Could you try restarting your router by unplugging it from power for a couple of minutes?

If this behavior persists, can you let us know if you're using a VPN?

We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

I have the exact same issue, desktop client won't work, android app works fine. I have also tried everything in FAQs(waste of time) including clean reinstall. When I try to open an album I get three dots for about 10 minutes, then it times out and says "couldn't find that album". I'm very angry.

Hi folks! 

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

@kem1k0, you mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal one? Make sure to download the app again from the Microsoft Store. Additionally, would you mind trying with a different internet connection to check if that makes the difference?

@heavyglow, could you let us know if the same happens in the web player? On another note, we suggest that you head over to your app's settings and make sure "Hardware Acceleration" is disabled. 

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I tried to use WiFi instead of Ethernet. Everything is ok. But why? When I use Ethernet, I can still listen to podcast.

Hey @kem1k0

Thanks for getting back to us. 

In this case, we suggest that you try removing the host files on your computer. You can check out this Solution for a step-by-step guide on that.

Additionally, we'd recommend checking the firewall and the antivirus and make sure Spotify is set as an exception.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

It did not solve my problems sadly. I have no hosts related to Spotify. But now I use web player instead, it works well.
Marked as solution

Hey @kem1k0,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

Could you try restarting your router by unplugging it from power for a couple of minutes?

If this behavior persists, can you let us know if you're using a VPN?

We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Restarting the router (or other commen suggestions like restart Spotify, reinstall Spotify, restart your pc, etc. ...) are NOT a solution. Spotify needs to be more robust and needs to be able to cope with network disruptions.

Suggested posts