Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • darkyoda1138
  • Regular
  • 247 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 247 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Mise a jour des fichiers locaux

Bonjour,J'ai mes fichiers Mp3 dans un dossier, j'ai fais une premier syncro qui a très bien fonctionner.Je viens d'ajouter des fichiers, mais mes fichiers locaux dans Spotify ne se mette pas a jours...Un idée ? Merci

• Casual Listener
  • Bonjour, J'ai mes fichiers Mp3 dans un dossier, j'ai fais une premier syncro qui a très bien fonctionner. Je viens d'ajouter des fichiers, mais mes fichiers locaux dans Spotify ne se mette pas a jo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No Available Offline/Download Button in Spotify Laptop

Hello there everyone! I am a premium user for months now and I already have downloaded lots of songs on my phone. I have tried downloading on other devices as well and they have worked perfectly. My problem now is that my Spotify in my laptop (which ...

• Hello there everyone!   I am a premium user for months now and I already have downloaded lots of songs on my phone. I have tried downloading on other devices as well and they have worked perfe...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Blue stripe with message "can't play the current song"

the desktop App stopped working. When I try to play songs (even offline songs) a message sppears stating "Cant play the current song". there is no help for this message in "Spotify Help" and have also not found any message related to this in the comm...

• the desktop App stopped working. When I try to play songs (even offline songs) a message sppears stating "Cant play the current song".  there is no help for this message in "Spotify Help" and ha...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Song does not disappear after being removed from My Songs

Hi, Somehow when I try to remove Boom, Like That from My Songs, it just stays there as shown in the picture. After a while the checkmark comes back. I have tried it on several devices but nothing seems to work, I think Knopfler really wants me to lis...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   Somehow when I try to remove Boom, Like That from My Songs, it just stays there as shown in the picture. After a while the checkmark comes back. I have tried it on several devices but no...
  • crematedman
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

switching email

i want to swich an email that's for my google account but it' linked to an acccount i don't use at all because i have a new account that's linked to my new spoftify account and i want to swich my google email to my new spotify linked with my facebook...

• Visitor
  • i want to swich an email that's for my google account but it' linked to an acccount i don't use at all because i have a new account that's linked to my new spoftify account and i want to swich my goo...
  • crematedman
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Opens and closes every few minutes

Hi!I have had Spotify for over a year (premium for about 6 months), and it has worked prefectly throoughout that period. However, today I got on to listen for bit, and it closed after like 3 minutes of listening and then reopened. The problem persist...

• Regular
  • Hi! I have had Spotify for over a year (premium for about 6 months), and it has worked prefectly throoughout that period. However, today I got on to listen for bit, and it closed after like 3 minute...
  • Adams12333
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

[Idea Desktop] Filter by Search Artists and Albums

I would love a filter by search (album and/or artist) like songs and local files have. Possible? PS: Some reason I'm not allowed to post ideas, probably to low post count or something.

• Regular
  • I would love a filter by search (album and/or artist) like songs and local files have. Possible?   PS: Some reason I'm not allowed to post ideas, probably to low post count or something.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists - Some work, Some don't.

Hi, I'm having a problem on my desktop installation of Spotify. I never have any problems playing playlists on my mobile device (iPhone). The problem is some playlists I can play fine. Others, will not. When I try to play a song in the playlist, I ge...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I'm having a problem on my desktop installation of Spotify.  I never have any problems playing playlists on my mobile device (iPhone).   The problem is some playlists I can p...
  • crematedman
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! This song is not available... issue

Hi there,I'm using a HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook, X86, W7. A few days ago I updated my Spoitfy version to 1.0.42.151.g19de0aa6. Everything was fine until tonight. I can't play a single song any more. All I get is an error message saying: "This song is n...

• Regular
  • Hi there, I'm using a HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook, X86, W7. A few days ago I updated my Spoitfy version to 1.0.42.151.g19de0aa6. Everything was fine until tonight. I can't play a single song any m...
  • crematedman
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

please fix the shuffle problem!!!

everytime the same **bleep**.when i activate "SHUFFLE" while I´m listening to a playlist with 360 Songs, I hear the same 40 songs every time again and again. I saw this problem in +30 threads on google, but WHY YOU DONT FIX THIS BUG???It sucks!!!I pa...

• Casual Listener
  • everytime the same **bleep**. when i activate "SHUFFLE" while I´m listening to a playlist with 360 Songs, I hear the same 40 songs every time again and again.   I saw this problem in +30 thre...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect broken ...again....

I'm getting really tired of this. Every couple of months the Spotify Connect implementation gets totally broken and the desktop app can no longer find my Marantz SR5009 receiver. It happened 2 or 3 weeks ago after an update. I hoped the next update w...

• Regular
  • I'm getting really tired of this. Every couple of months the Spotify Connect implementation gets totally broken and the desktop app can no longer find my Marantz SR5009 receiver. It happened 2 or 3 w...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Discover weekly didn't update.

Love this feature, one of the things that keeps me on spotify, been fine for many months until Monday when it didn't update. I see this has happened to other people in the past, but not recently, will know if its more permanent next Monday as there i...

• Regular
  • Love this feature, one of the things that keeps me on spotify, been fine for many months until Monday when it didn't update.   I see this has happened to other people in the past, but not rece...
  • sunray1
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

In Your Music / Artists number of tracks are showed twice

As in topic. I've noticed it in polish translation of the client. In english version song count is displayed correctly. Client version: 1.0.42.151.g19de0aa6

• As in topic. I've noticed it in polish translation of the client. In english version song count is displayed correctly. Client version: 1.0.42.151.g19de0aa6
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

It randomly plays Songs I did not choose...

I am trying to listen to an album and it play random songs that are not in the album... please fix asap. Does the recent update have anything to do with this?

• I am trying to listen to an album and it play random songs that are not in the album... please fix asap. Does the recent update have anything to do with this?
  • crematedman
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Installation failure Windows

Running Windows.........uninstalled Spotify as it kept crashing, now won't reinstall. Coming up with error message: 13 Cannot install Spotify because files cannot be created.Is there a solution out there.? Disappointed to pay for something which not ...

• Casual Listener
  • Running Windows.........uninstalled Spotify as it kept crashing, now won't reinstall.  Coming up with error message: 13  Cannot install Spotify because files cannot be created. Is there ...
  • Dreadlord
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Friend Feed

Hey everyone, Is there a way to be selective about whose activity you see on Spotify? For example, I follow about 10 people, however I only see the activity of 2 people. The same 2 people. Is there any way that I could see the activity of more people...

• Hey everyone,   Is there a way to be selective about whose activity you see on Spotify? For example, I follow about 10 people, however I only see the activity of 2 people. The same 2 people. I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Change Rating on Radio

For whatever reason, I'm unable to change the rating of songs on the radio after they've been liked or unliked. If I like a song on accident, it's permanently liked for that station and there's nothing I can do about it. Am I missing something or is ...

• Regular
  • For whatever reason, I'm unable to change the rating of songs on the radio after they've been liked or unliked. If I like a song on accident, it's permanently liked for that station and there's nothi...
  • djwolf300
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

This song is not avaialble....

Windows 10, Dell , Version 1.0.42.151.g19de0aa6 of Spotify, has worked fine for a long time, and suddenly I get above message. Have reinstalled Sporify, works fine on another PC and my Android phone. Any suggestions?

• Casual Listener
  • Windows 10, Dell , Version 1.0.42.151.g19de0aa6 of Spotify, has worked fine for a long time, and suddenly I  get above message.  Have reinstalled Sporify, works fine on another PC and my An...
  • crematedman
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Drag and Drop Playlists Not Working

Ever scince I have downloaded spotify onto my PC, I have been able to drag and drop playlists into a playlist folder no problem. But just until recently, I have been unable to do so. I have deleted the playlist folder and created a new one. I have lo...

• Ever scince I have downloaded spotify onto my PC, I have been able to drag and drop playlists into a playlist folder no problem. But just until recently, I have been unable to do so. I have deleted t...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Problem with changing positions of songs in my playlist

Hey everyone! Hope someone can help me with this problem: I have a big playlist right now with 1250 music pieces: https://open.spotify.com/user/she%C3%ADla/playlist/4nFJtrOmTTKe7txNtMYSdH And until today, it was no problem for me, to order my playlis...

• Gig Goer
  • Hey everyone!   Hope someone can help me with this problem: I have  a big playlist right now with 1250 music pieces:   https://open.spotify.com/user/she%C3%ADla/playlist/4nFJtrOmTT...
  • musiccornercv
  • Roadie
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes