block artist / song

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: block artist / song

Visitor

That option doesn't exist. There are no three dots in the upper corner for the artist.

It's quite frustrating that such a simple option to block content doesn't exist.

I do not want to hear Rap and many other particulars, even good songs get annoying after a few too many repeats.

Implement this feature - you've been asked by your customer many times - do it.

Don't drag heals or BS us about it, it's easy to implement - ON ALL PLATFORMS.

Either way, it's not there on the iPhone, just blank space on the latest version.

Highlighted

Visitor

This should definitely be added to the Windows program, frustrating to have to try and navigate through the phone to block an artist or song.

Highlighted

Visitor
This is not a solution if it's not usable everywhere. I.e atm i'm using mac.
And i'm really considering to abandon spotify since some artists, that i really dislike, make it unusable for me if they creep into the end of every playlist.
Highlighted

Visitor
This solution isn't good enough. If we find an artist or a song by an artist truly repulsive, we should be able to block this on all devices and from ever appearing as a suggestion for additions to our playlists.
Highlighted

Hey everyone,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with the Community!

We understand that the difference in availability with some features between devices might cause some frustration and we assure you that you're feedback has been passed on to the right team. 

Currently the option to block an artist from being played is available only on mobile devices for Android and iOS users. To activate it, navigate to the artist page and from the three dot menu in the upper right corner select Don't play this artist.  It this case it's a good idea to perform a clean reinstall, so that all app files get built up anew.

If you'd like the feature to block artists account-wide on every device, we suggest that you post an idea about it. The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to keep track of what changes our users are interested in and how popular a certain idea is. This page explains how exactly your feedback reaches Spotify

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

MihailModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Just want to add my 2cents and give my voice to the displeasure at my ability to customize my listening experience as a PAYING user.  Having the ability to ban/block songs should be a basic option in all services....

Slacker, now LiveXLive has that option..... if their services worked across all my platforms I would go back in a heartbeat (and may still just because....).  Even free subscribers should have this option but at the very least those that are paying to use the service should.  There is NO reason not to add something this simple.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

This is NOT a fix, workaround, or answer.  Granular control of what a paying subscriber listens to should be given to the subscriber.  I have a way to like a song, I should also have a way to dislike a song so I don't have to skip it time and time again.  Just because I like a certain artist doesn't mean I like every one of that artists songs.  This is unacceptable!!

Highlighted

Music Fan

Any information on bringing this in to the 2020? The inability to simply block a song (PC) and have it block on all devices tied to the account seems like something that should of been available day 1.

Great music service held back many annoyances. I am looking at you 1 song per account nonsense!

Highlighted

Casual Listener
This feature is like a one day effort.
Just get an intern to do it for $100.
People are moving to Apple Music because you don't have this basic feature
SUGGESTED POSTS