Premium

Country

Germany

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hello, after the automatic update my spotify cant connect to the internet. I always have to downgrade my program to use it. for example: "spotify-1-0-85-259" works fine. When will this be fixed?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

i developed a fix for my problem and will share it here, because MANY MANY people have the same problem everywhere. 

symptoms for this common problem are simple:

old versions work (also the web-player), new versions wont work.

reason:

its because the spotify developers switched for the geo-authentication to microsoft service full of bad telemetry which will be blocked my many anti-spyware tools (and also firewalls, "file cleaners", " performance boosters", ...) .

my solution:

- installing o&o shutup10

- enabele "App access to your location disabled (1 of 2)" and "App access to your location disabled (2 of 2)"

- reboot pc

- disable "App access to your location disabled (1 of 2)" and "App access to your location disabled (2 of 2)"

-reboot pc

...and the spotify desktop application was happy again. i could collect all my precious private information and granted me access to my payed content.

PS:
Dear spotify support/developers, i was doing YOUR WORK here and wasted a lot of my time. Please be so kind a provide me an appropriate compensation, this fix will save you a lot of premium subscriptions (like mine). You should also include a better indication for a failed geo-authentication, because its not a "no internet"-error.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Hi there @spoti_user,

thanks for reaching out !

I've helped a user the other day with a similar issue.

Please check out the full thread here and it might help solving yours too.

However, in case it didn't, reply back to the post and i'll jump back in.

Waiting to see how it goes 🙂

Marked as solution

i developed a fix for my problem and will share it here, because MANY MANY people have the same problem everywhere. 

symptoms for this common problem are simple:

old versions work (also the web-player), new versions wont work.

reason:

its because the spotify developers switched for the geo-authentication to microsoft service full of bad telemetry which will be blocked my many anti-spyware tools (and also firewalls, "file cleaners", " performance boosters", ...) .

my solution:

- installing o&o shutup10

- enabele "App access to your location disabled (1 of 2)" and "App access to your location disabled (2 of 2)"

- reboot pc

- disable "App access to your location disabled (1 of 2)" and "App access to your location disabled (2 of 2)"

-reboot pc

...and the spotify desktop application was happy again. i could collect all my precious private information and granted me access to my payed content.

PS:
Dear spotify support/developers, i was doing YOUR WORK here and wasted a lot of my time. Please be so kind a provide me an appropriate compensation, this fix will save you a lot of premium subscriptions (like mine). You should also include a better indication for a failed geo-authentication, because its not a "no internet"-error.

Suggested posts