Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

local files stopped working recently.

local files stopped working recently.

so i just recently noticed on my pc that i have 3 local files that are not showing up anymore, they have been working for months with no issues. if i drag them out of their file location and drag them back in they work fine if i restart spotify they disappear again, if i close spotify while the song is playing and reopen spotify i can continue playing the song but once i go to a different song it wont work again. i have tried all sorts o the solutions that i have seen on the fourms without ay luck, clean installing spotify, doing the local.bnk file, and changing location of the songs. i might have tried a few other things but i have been messing with this for hours now and its getting pretty frusterating. the same songs on my phone still work which is odd to me. i am on windows 10 with these issues, if anyone could help me out that would be great, thanks.

2 Replies

Hey @Hakiri,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device? We recommend you give the steps in that guide a go, as they’re very thorough and make sure no damaged leftover files remain. These changes tend to solve issues with importing local files like the one you're experiencing. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app. Note that the Windows Store version of the app is best optimized for Windows 10.

If that doesn't fix things, we recommend that you remove all playlists with imported files and start the whole process from scratch using the instructions in this guide. It's a good idea this time do it over another internet connection, e.g. a mobile hotspot, if that's an option. Keep in mind that if the files are not in supported formats or from official distributors, there might be issues. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

thank you for getting back to me, i will attempt the solutions you have provided me as soon as i can and get back to you.

Suggested posts