Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify app will not completely load

spotify app will not completely load

HP Laptop

Windows 10 

I am having an ongoing issue with spotify not loading.  it only displays a blank black screen, with three dots in the top left hand corner where i can play music. but nothing displays on the screen. i have to close the app via task manager and re open the app several times before it will fully load. i have tried reinstalling the app, i have reinstalled windows, i have updated windows. after i close the app and reopen it 6 or 7 times it will finally load all the way and play normally. 

6 Replies

Hi @coalminecanary,

So Sorry To Know The Issue Mate.. @MauriceMV Has A Solution Of The Same.. Could You Please Check This Community Post.. If Problem Still Persists, Please Feel Free To Revert Back.. Spotify Rockstars / Moderators Will Definitely Assist And Guide You In Expertise Way..

With Best Wishes & Regards,

Rahul Haldar - Spotify's Diehard & Loyal Fan

Don't listen to @rhrahulhaldar just a random sycophant with the usual Spotify useless community tm help.

I have been having the exact same issue for the past month. The thing that works for me, if I end the app from the Task manager, somehow the second startup never hangs.

My app is updated and I even tried a clean install, what was suggested by another useless hired help.

If you scroll the forum, you can see that multiple people had the same issue this month. My suggestion is that just wait until the devs decide to fix this bug.

Hi Dear @goatpimp,

So Sorry To Know That You Are Also Facing The Same Issue.. Even Though This Will Not Help You Out.. Still, As Being Spotify's Diehard & Loyal Fan On Behalf Of Spotify, And As Being Your Friend.. I Am Extremely Sorry That The Problem Still Did Not Get Resolved.. 

Please Be Assured, Spotify Rockstar / Moderator Will Definitely Help You Out With The Issue.. And Once Again Extremely Sorry.. 

they should ban people, who post nothing useful just so they can push their post count, likes and other things, just like that rhrahulhaldar dude, before this forum becomes a second microsoft help forum.

Hi Dear @freiwald,

I Am Extremely Sorry That My Posts Are Disturbing You All.. Please Pardon Me For My Mistake.. Stay Safe And Stay Protected Dear.. Take Care..

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community.

We can see that a few of you have gone thorough some troubleshooting steps already. What we can recommend at this point is try deleting any Spotify Host files from your system, you can have a look at this guide for the relevant steps and see if that makes a difference.

@coalminecanary, since you've said that even after a fresh reinstall of windows the problem persists, could you tell us if you experience this on any other device that you're logged in? Also could you ask a friend to log in with their account on your desktop app and see if it loads normally for them? You can also create a new account with another email address and test this yourself. This will help us determine if the issue is connected to your account or to the app.

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

And don't forget that we're here to share ideas and help each other with whatever we can 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts