Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

what happened to play counts?

what happened to play counts?

They have disappeared completely from PC and Mac desktop versions. Is there a way to turn the feature back on?

4 Replies

Hey there @aussox2004

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Weโ€™re often testing and launching improvements and new features. This means you might see something on the app your friend doesnโ€™t, or get a new feature to try only temporarily. Check out this help article for more info about test features.

Weโ€™d also suggest you go to this Live Idea created by our users and add your vote to it by clicking on the +VOTE button. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Hi,
There is an update that is slowly being rolled out to everyone by the looks of it.

Check out this link:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Desktop-Lost-Features-no-friend-tab-etc/td-p/491326...

It was started months ago and the problematic update still persists, in fact more people are receiving it as time passes.
They claim that it is a test, yet what feature test goes on for months where everyone who has used it, hates the new update.

There is this link where you can vote for an idea to switch to the proper desktop version. I'd suggest you vote.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Desktop-Allow-an-optional-switch-between-desktop-and-web...

Really? Since when could removing a feature be called an "improvement"? Play counts allow the listener unfamiliar with an artist to see which tracks are preferred by that artist's fans. I use it all the time to discover new music and Spotify have unilaterally decided that removing this feature is "an improvement". Well it's not and how about this revolutionary idea, Spotify, how about asking your customers before you remove functionality?

Since when does removing a feature that I used every day become "improving the app?" 

I don't care if you want a less "bulky, techy" interface with less data, and want to focus on the data. Spotify should work on improving the interface for the people that use it. Millions around the world every day are ENRAGED over this feature's removal. Please fix this.

Suggested posts