Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Other] More options for Sleep Timer control

Spotify has the option of putting on a sleep timer while listening to podcasts. I love this feature and use it often. The time increments go from five minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 45 minutes to an hour. It would be nice to also have a customizable timer, much like audible does for their audiobooks. The 15 minute increments are a little long and it would be nice to sometimes put on a timer for 25 minutes or 30 minutes, etc. You could also put the option 'until the end of the playlist' or 'until the end of the queue'.

Updated on 2022-02-02

Hey! Looks like your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
CaptainMark

The sleep timer is good but it currently has a maximum time of 1 hour. This is too short for my tastes. You should be able to do one of the following:

1. Have longer times available. 2 hours, 4 hours and 8 hours would be ideal. 

2. Enter any amount of time. Google Play Music (Booooo) has a sleep timer the same as Spotify but clicking it brings up a clock which you just spin to whatever time you like. 

3. Sleep at end of playlist. When your music playlist comes to an end, the music stops. The same essentially as going into the settings and disabling Autoplay, only it happens just in the current session rather than changing the setting entirely until you remember to switch it back and is easier/quicker to access.

osornios
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-06-20

Marked as new idea.

Tanya_Gwen

Same issue on iOS. One hour is not long enough for sleep timer. Four hours would be a great addition. 

pborisov

It would be nice if there was an option to select a custom amount of time for the sleep timer and have it finish the song it's playing at the time the timer finishes. 

Mario
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-10-25

Hey there,

Thanks for submitting this to the Idea Exchange!

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

nikkia1014

I definitely agree with this. I often feel constrained by the sleep time and generally want a timer that is longer than one hour.

Gerryoz

Definitely agree that this small change is necessary. Just to even continue playing until playlist is finished or continue playing for 2hrs. Simple changes to make so don't understand the delay in incorporating them. 

Devices: iOS & Android

Jubs009

I would like to be able to input an amount of time for the sleep timer  instead of using the pre set times 

mildcongestion

Additional suggestion: Set the timer to stop at the end of your queue.

Schelfhout

Currently when using the sleep timer, you get the option to stop in 5, 10, 15, 30, 45 or 60 minutes, or when the current song ends. It would be nice to be able to set the sleeptimer to stop after your manual set queue is over.